Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
This video shows how to replace coolant hoses with silicone hoses on an 04 - 07 cbr1000rr motorcycle. In the video we use $40 G plus hoses instead of $250 samco hoses but the procedure is the same. The silicone hoses work great by the way.

·
Registered
503 Posts
This video shows how to replace coolant hoses with silicone hoses on an 04 - 07 cbr1000rr motorcycle. In the video we use $40 G plus hoses instead of $250 samco hoses but the procedure is the same. The silicone hoses work great by the way.

I have the eBay G-Plus hoses on my bike and the clamps that come with it are utter trash and kept digging into/shredding up my silicone hoses.

Samco has proper hose clamps that don't do this guess that's why it's so much more expensive!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I have the eBay G-Plus hoses on my bike and the clamps that come with it are utter trash and kept digging into/shredding up my silicone hoses.

Samco has proper hose clamps that don't do this guess that's why it's so much more expensive!
If you watch the video, yes i know its long, I reuse the stock hose clamps that came with the 2007 bike. I did however use the clamps they provide on my 2017 cbr1000rr with the g plus hoses and they have held up through one race weekend and one track day so far. I didn't do a video on the sc77 however because I used a 2008 hose kit with left over pieces from the 07 hose kit. I'm not spending $250 on water hoses on a bike I'm just going to throw in the dirt though. I'm a racer on a shoe string budget. Anyway the procedure is the same on any brand of hose.

·
BOTM Moderator
522 Posts
thanks for posting this. brings up a question though. I've been under the impression that the Honda engines need the blue Honda coolant. and although the others say they are safe for aluminum engines, they are not good for a Honda engine.

any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
thanks for posting this. brings up a question though. I've been under the impression that the Honda engines need the blue Honda coolant. and although the others say they are safe for aluminum engines, they are not good for a Honda engine.

any thoughts on that?
I've owned an 06 cbr1000rr and now I own a 2017 cbr1000rr. The 06 cbr1000rr like the one in the video came with green coolant so I kept using the green coolant. The 2017 cbr1000rr (
) used blue coolant in it so i kept using the blue coolant. I have done a little research on this and have confirmed some of what o read through practice. What I read was they are both fine for aluminum engines however you shouldn't mix the colors. If you do mix the colors it forms this brown sludge that can eventually clog your coolant system. When I put water wetter in my 2017 cbr the 1st time I didn't complete flush out all the blue anti freeze and I did see some of the sludge I read about forming. Long story short stick with the color that comes in your bike.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts