Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well been an exciting last 2 weeks and change, with the bike showing up and parts ready to go on.. and now i have the ECU back from Paul (RC45). Will not try and be all long winded, and i feel i am a pretty good person for feedback when it comes to bike modding. So the quick-list of parts.
Akra slip-on, Paul (RC45 ECU flash), free mods and removal of all the stuff the bike does not need, still stock header and air filter for now.
Motocomposites carbon fiber parts here and there, and more to come-not a good option if you are afraid to do some sanding, and dremel work as someone else on the forum mentioned.
Some various lightech trinkets and a TWM keyless gas cap. new rage tucke license plate kit, and i have their front signals, but not going to tap into wires for that.
Waiting on Hel brakelines, and will put on the Brembo RCS Corsa Corta master with them, as the brakes lose pressure at the lever way more than i would like.
520 chain conversion will be going on soon, as will some other odds & ends, and new springs for the suspension.
I will leave a paragraph about my impression of the tune, after i do some back to back riding against big betty.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wow you did not waste much time! I like the ditching of the plastic engine cover, first thing I did.
Did you ditch the fuel charcoal canister? I've been meaning to do that...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow you did not waste much time! I like the ditching of the plastic engine cover, first thing I did.
Did you ditch the fuel charcoal canister? I've been meaning to do that...
I generally don't but this is going to be a budget build for me.🤞
Complete pair mod, put on graves block off plates.
Charcoal cannister and all related items. just running the 2 hoses from the gas tank
Exhaust valve gone as well
The air tube restrictors were pulled by previous owner, i removed the intake tube baffle, but left the smaller ones for rain (just in case).

SO since we have so much talk about ECU tunes and flashing...
I went with Paul (RC45) after watching his videos and having some discussions, i obviously felt he knew his $hit.
Stock the SP2 felt weak in every gear and just really like a gsxr 750, I was pinning the throttle wide open from @ 5500 in 1st gear and leaving it pinned as it ran through the gears and the bike, basically just went about its business UNLIKE a 1000cc I4 should.
So while waiting pulled the items listed above, and had dreams of having a proper cbr1000rr SP 2 to ride.
installed the ECU today buttoned things up and heading out in the crisp PNW air 57 degrees. P1/T2/EB3/A1

I was not to sure what to expect TBH, so took it a bit easy on the cold supercorsa tires, throttle response was crisper, still had to give it a bit of gas to get going off the line.. but just over 3,000rpm on the tach she was ready to rev! 2 corners out the driveway, did a little rip through the gears to about 12g, and she felt pretty good for sure, very clean and felt like she should of felt from the get go.
she hit xxxmph to easy.. and i was not even really pressing on her YET.
A few switchbacks later and then my sprint straight, she ripped out 138mph and felt great doing it, so stable, and smooth was the delivery... once off the gas the EB 3 setting caught my attention as she just kept rolling, and i needed to pump the brakes a bit to get her down to make the 30mph corner. The response was always there, no lag, no drama, bike just goes.. I did not get much in way of wheelies, nor was i trying to get her to do them intentionally.. I did romp 1st to intentionally get the front end up on the gas and she was willing, even with my big ass on her, and the rear spring, not liking the weight or power transferrence to the back.. hoping to get a new spring in this coming week. Hit up some twisty roads and sweepers and must say, as most of us already know, she is a scalpel for handling, and the motor really supports that handling, there is no surges, or dips in the power per say, linear for sure with a big bump around 9500rpm that pulls strong to 13,500rwpm.
My general take on the flash Paul did is, i am very happy with it... I only used P1 power mode, and honestly the fueling rivaled any of my dyno tuned bikes. I can't wait to play around and see what happens when dialing down the TC to level 1 or none... i had no popping on decel, no funky fuel smell after my ride, she fired right up, idled like a champ, and well she runs great.
After doing some back to backs against my well modded 05 zx10r, the biggest thing motorwise is, the cbr has a pretty light crank, and or balancer, the motor spins with little resistance. It also lacks in midrange grunt, and seems kinda R6'ish in a way, without having a bulging, wheelie inducing mid range power surge. But i am really enjoying riding the bike, just need to change how i am using the powerband on it.. Thank you Paul for a trouble free experience, and i look forward to using your expertise more as i mod away.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello
What's the Wind shield brand you are using ? How is the ECU flash so far ?
Puig Race windscreen in smoke.
The tune has been awesome. Really woke up the bike and helped resolve the whole lack of power, and the power feels very linear, with no dips to speak of.
I can see how they built this motor and the power delivery to really support the handling of the bike.
Have owned plenty of bikes where the motor becomes a hindrance to the handling vs what this bike does.
I am putting on a header this weekend, to get a little more go.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for feedback... what kind of headers you are planning to install ? did you ever dynoed your bike ? Just out of curiosity.

·
a d m i n
151,001 Posts
Since you’re removing the stock header & cat, do you need to have it reflashed again to optimize?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for feedback... what kind of headers you are planning to install ? did you ever dynoed your bike ? Just out of curiosity.
installing akra stainless headers.. did not have it dynoed as of yet. More than likely will have it on a dyno when i bring in my 10R to get tuned, after i mod the throttle bodies and some other work.

JD.... LOL It was flashed for a full system, but i have just the slip on right now. So if anything i might be doing some harm to the cat, since i have none of the other items on the bike (pair,evap, exhaust valve, etc) managed to put on about 140 miles of back road riding and she has felt really good..

·
a d m i n
151,001 Posts
Ah gotcha, good to hear you have it ready to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts