Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

41 - 60 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Driving that big old box truck, dude can't see to the side of him very good.

You have to expect shit like that.
Oh believe me, I'm always expecting this kind of stuff... I think I knew he was turning before he did... lol
However... You don't change lanes unless you're sure there's no one there... ;)
But the "worse" part is... he moved to the left lane like 2 seconds before... If he wanted to stay in the middle lane... why do that?

That's all... ;)

·
Fightin Phil's
4,359 Posts
You ride around looking for that stuff. All you videos are close calls. Lane splitting right before a stop is very dumb.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
You ride around looking for that stuff. All you videos are close calls. Lane splitting right before a stop is very dumb.
Well, not really, I don't.
The videos here are a mere fraction of I experience in my rides, and as you can see most of them aren't really close calls. I've been filming every second of my rides since April and there aren't that many videos on my channel, and taken into account that I ride pretty much every day...

Lane splitting right before a stop is very dumb.
Lane splitting is not the same thing as an overtake maneuver. I don't know how things are done where you live, but here it's mandatory to stop for pedestrians to cross in the crosswalk. When I saw the pedestrian I was already finishing the overtaking maneuver, and I stopped, Like I was supposed to do.

I'm not saying that I am the safest rider out there, on the contrary, I know that some times I take unnecessary risks, and my crash is proof of it.

I know you guys (Americans) have a very different mentality when it comes to driving, I guess it's just cultural differences. Here we have a way looser leech from the police, compared to you guys. It's not an excuse to drive around recklessly, I know, but come on... It's not like I'm going around lane splitting and blowing red lights at 200 mph... ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Watched your videos, thank you!

What a nightmare those two laned roundabouts are......

Keep riding like you're invisible bud!

·
Never Too Old
170 Posts
Amen!

Amen to that! As cyclists we are responsible for our own safety. We must ride defensively and give ourselves an out for all situations.

It's easy to get too comfortable on these bikes, and then we start zipping around tightly congested city streets.
Only a matter of time before we get clipped.
We have to SLOW DOWN in the city. Leave plenty of time to react.
Cagers don't see us. Because one second, nobody is there. The next second here we come buzzing down the road zipping around cars and whizzing around corners.

Think about it. We are partially to blame. Cagers are stupid, and have slow reaction times.
We do not. So it is up to US to avoid THEM.

41 - 60 of 142 Posts