Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)
Just left home, rode for 250m, was behind a car doing 40 km/h, already braking, when all of a sudden at an intersection a car join the road right in front of the cars ahead of me, without right of way, which cause all of us to do an emergency brake. I didn't brake that hard to be honest, but the combination of cold tires plus braking on top of crosswalk paint screwed me, once again.
PS - Came close of being ran over by a car coming in the opposite direction @ 00:18

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #113 (Edited)
This was back in April, thought I posted it here, but I didn't.

I had just left home, rode for 260 meters, was still "sleeping", cold tires, was doing about 40 km/h. In front of me were 2 cars, and at the intersection a car merged from the right, "cutting off" the cars in front of me, that had to brake, causing a "chain reaction". Had to brake on top of the crosswalk paint (again), and the rest is history.
Bike still bumped the car in front of me, cracking the front fairing.

I know a lot of people that see this crash will immediately say that I just fully grabbed the front brake lever, but, it was really not the case. That paint is just slippery as hell.

Was lucky as hell, since as you can see at 00:18s, I came close to being runned over by a car coming in the opposite direction.

101 - 120 of 142 Posts