Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day Admins and site owners

I have a friendly suggestion to ask everyone on this awesome forum to add the details of their Fireblade in their signature. You will note like I have done in my Sig. Easy and simple.

Many people post info, questions etc of so many valuable topics, but most people forget to mention "which year model bike" they are referring to. Or even if they do mention u often have to look hard and long to identify those details in their post.

If everybody's Year Model / Bike details are in their Signature then everyone immediately knows whether the info they read are applicable to his her own bike as well or not.

Just a friendly suggestion and a very helpful tip for all forum users, which works brilliant on the Honda CX and GL 500 Forum I also belong to. one can even list all your bikes should you wish to.

Cheers

Reactions: Shinji43

·
a d m i n
151,152 Posts
Very cool, thank you. Just your current CBR in your Signature, please.

Add your history to your Showcase/Garage etc.

I am slowly changing the titles, (as well as adding), sub-forums.

Yet it’s always best if Members here put the applicable year of CBR1K they are referencing in the title of the thread, and if it’s in their signature, all the better.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great thanx JD.

Are Moderators thus going to set up such a notice and rule on the forum..for all members to see and then implement?

Thanx again!

·
Premium Member
2,917 Posts
Great thanx JD.

Are Moderators thus going to set up such a notice and rule on the forum..for all members to see and then implement?

Thanx again!
Cant see why this has to be a rule, option sure.

For one, the signature doesn't even show any more unless you expand it and I used to have useful links in my signature along with bike details, then the new forum software wouldn't save the signature with the links properly.

Nee boet, no need for more rules.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Noted RC45 and understand if its preferred to not be a rule.;)

But perhaps a "recommendation" is better than just an "option".

If its just an option, then most will probably never go and do it, leaving the very same frustration of not knowing which bike the member is actually referring to...

I always..and I'm sure others also, search first on a specific topic before one create a new topic and ask the same question that has been answered before. You then get so many accurate hits on your search, but can seldom see if it applies to your own bike.

My suggestion will help not only for new topics but for previous older topics also, and will help every single forum member.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I think it is an option that most know about, although I recall that as a new member it took me a while to find my way around.

Most regular contributors know what bikes each other has so this topic is moot in that there is only a small incidence of doubt over 'unidentified' bikes as a subject for help.

On the other side, there is the case that for some of us whose full-time passion is motorcycles, the signature can be taken as a bragging session. Shamefully, this has happened to some. As @RC45 says, with the signature now contracted, there seems little point in having it. Mobile device users especially are rarely going to unscroll a signature to view it.

·
Premium Member
2,917 Posts
We are all adults, if someone posts "hey my bike is going put put and the thing is broken" and they don't post the make model and year. shame on them.
But by the time the question was being answered the make and model would then be in the thread and be able to searched for.

You are also assuming the bike in question is the one in the signature, so the search wouldn't help if its not the bike in the signature - and I don.t believe signatures are included in search actions since the search would return all instances of the signature.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All comments noted thank you.

Sadly not all adults remember to mention their bike details. That is the frustration sometimes.

Just to clarify: When I add my bike to my Sig, then it will or should appear in all my previous posts also. Another member who then search and stumble upon my post of last year, can then on that post also see that my topic was wrt a 08 Blade. Or at least, that's how it works on the other forum I mentioned, which is really super helpful.

Lastly Once everyone is used to the issue of bike details in their Sig, it becomes second nature for members to quickly mention in their post, if the inquiry does not relate to his own bike in his sig.

Either way thanx for the healthy discussion and hope most members will start using the suggested option.

Ride safe!

·
a d m i n
151,152 Posts
As of late, I have been editing thread titles, to reflect the year (of the CBR), remove the bs, as well as making the subject easier to search.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts