Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike is supposedly coming in middle of next week and i need to see what the 600 cowl looks like on the 1000 before i make the decision on which one i'm gonna choose. Even if the color of the cowl does'nt match the bike it's no problem. Help a brother out!

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
Here's the pics:

The red is a slightly darker shade of red--hard to notice outside (even when cloudy out), but noticeable in the garage. Fit is pretty good--the center portion of the rear of the cowl is a little more rounded, so sticks up a little (pic4). May try to do something to adjust that later on.

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4

·
Registered
56 Posts
GB7 said:
Here's the pics:

The red is a slightly darker shade of red--hard to notice outside (even when cloudy out), but noticeable in the garage. Fit is pretty good--the center portion of the rear of the cowl is a little more rounded, so sticks up a little (pic4). May try to do something to adjust that later on.

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4
Does the cowl give you anymore boot space?

·
Registered
65 Posts
hey , joe sent you a pm from the .org.

i personally did not like the way the rear of the seat cowl met up with the tailsection. you can kinda' see what i mean in pic #4 that GB7 posted. i do like the "tail pad" on the 600's seat cowl and think that the 1000 looks better on the 600 than vice versa.

·
Registered
65 Posts
theJrod said:
Are any modifications required to make it fit, or will the 600RR cowl just clip right on? I thought I read something about one of the brackets needing to be swapped....?
NOTHING needs to be changed. NOTHING.

Just clips right in, like it was made to fit.

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
FlyNlow said:
That Cowl looks awsome! What all years will work on the 04' 1000RR??
You need a '03 red 600RR cowl for the red 1000RR (the red '04 600RR has a black rear). The '03 & '04 black 600RRs will both have black cowls. If you want a 600RR cowl for the silver 1000RR, you'll have to have it painted.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.