Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

So I recently purchased a 2018 CBR1000rr SP but it only came with one key.

From the forum searches I've done, it sounds like i need to find a dealership that has a machine that can perform a "Wave" cut to create a second key.

Can anyone confirm this is the case and, 2nd, do the US Based fireblades have coding that needs to be done? Or is it simply getting the wave-cutter to make the copy?

·
Registered
658 Posts
When I bought my 2012 new, it came with two keys and little Steele plate with numbers written down it. I don’t know how it worked for recent years…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I bought my 2012, it came with two keys and little Steele plate with numbers written down it. I don’t know how it worked for recent years…

Yeah mine should have came with that but the original owner clearly lost it and the other key, so I’m down to one with no code.

·
Registered
658 Posts
You said you bought a new bike so I thought you meant a leftover brand new from a dealer. Any Honda dealer should be able to help.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You said you bought a new bike so I thought you meant a leftover brand new from a dealer. Any Honda dealer should be able to help.

Ah I see. Sorry, more like new to Me

·
SuperMod
722 Posts
Call some dealers and see if they can help.
this whole key thing is a mystery to me too.
Cutting the key is one thing, and programming it is another. your bike has an immobilizer, right?

with cars it's fairly simple, most honda dealer will do it for a fee.
For bikes, it seems like dealers don't do it and you have to go to a locksmith.

Please come back and say what you did If you figure it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts