Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, I've been hanging around the site for a little while and think you all have a great site going here...so...I decided I'd join. I don't have a 1000RR but I do have a 600RR. I am debating whether it would be wise to get one and was hoping for a little input.

For those of you comming from a 600cc machine do you feel as confident in the twisties as you did before...honestly? It seems like you would have to be WAY more careful in the corners with the throttle to keep the back wheel steady and keep the bike from running wide. I have heard the the 1000RR is very forgiving and was hoping that it would not require a huge adjustment in riding style coming from a 600RR.

My other concern is that I have about 7300mi on my 600RR and would like to sell it before it depreciates any more. I plan on riding a lot this summer and would like to rack up a bunch of miles on a bike that I plan on keeping indefinately. I am estimating my 600RR will/would have about 14000-15000 by the end of the summer and it may be hard(er) to sell next year. But at the same time, the price of the 1000RR my be reduced. I currnetly can get one (1000) for 10300 OTD.

So to summarize the last question, how much do you guys think I can sell my 600RR w/7300mi and 4-yr extended warrenty, this year, verses a 15000mi 600RR w/3-yr ext warrenty next year. Would it make more sence to get the 1000RR now or next year?

Thanks!

·
Registered
738 Posts
First off...welcome to the forum!! I'm probably not much help with the selling question about your bike, but as for the 1000 in the twisties...I haven't ridden ANYTHING that has even come close tot the handling of this bike. I haven't been on a 600RR or even a 600 in years for that matter. But, I can assure you, you won't have any handling issues with this bike at all.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joker45 said:
I agree with the other fellas on this. Sell the 600 as A.S.A.P and you will not regret the 1000RR. Very good in the twisties.
That is exactly what I was thinking. When you guys say it is very good in the twisties do you mean good to a very seasoned rider or good as in confidence inspiring (this will be my firts liter). Also, do you guys think having a warrenty (on the 600RR) will buy me any more time in selling the bike for a decent amount next year? I have a feeling there will be even more 600RRs on the market as well as an updated 05 600RR to deal with....

Do any of you think the 1000 is a bit of an overkill?

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I was wondering the same thing that you were before I bought my 1000. Let me tell you, you will feel right at home on the 1000. I stepped up from an F4 and the enhanced riding position, stablility and deliverability of the power makes the bike a joy in the twisties. I was a good twisty rider on my 6 but I can carry speeds in the curves comfortably on the 1000 that would require me to push/concentrate a lot more to do on the 6. I always had a good and smooth throttle hand so now the only difference is that I have more power on tap. Just take time to get to know the bike. 8)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Ok, first off, in reality even a 600 is overkill. Just power hungry people want more :twisted: Now in the twisties I personally have never been on a more confidence inspiring bike. It is extremely smooth and very controlible. The dampner is amazing and really just adds to the smoothness of the bike. I don't know how you could go wrong with this bike. I can't imagine anyone really not liking this bike.

·
Registered
425 Posts
You will have absolutely no problem with the 1000rr. I have both and I actually feel more confident on the 1000rr and have pushed it much harder than my 600rr. The power is so smooth and predictable it's not a problem at all. Sell the 600rr now before you lose more value but beware, once your ride a liter bike the 600 will feel like a scooter and you will have a difficult time ever going back.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just bought the 1000rr and now have 700 miles on it. I haven ridden since ive owned a zx7 1991, and even then only had about 10,000 miles under mile belt.

Never rode twisties before until last weekend. The 1000 is smooth in and out of the turns, and thats coming from basically a beginner. Linear power sums this bike up.

Just dont push it too hard the first time out and you can easily get used to the bike.

just my .02

·
Pedrosa Lover
2,225 Posts
have sold my 600rr 2004 4 days ago and i did only 600 miles on it, but i couldn't resist the power of the 1000rr although i haven't tried it yes but iam confident that it is a missile on the ground. it has 149 rwbhp and 73.7 nm torque and it has the best handling on earth. imagine can u tame this beast :lol: the r1 has only 146 rwbhp and a poor 67.3 nm torque. iam very happy for the honda they did a gr8 job in their bike, the 1000rr can wash can clean, can cook, can iron, can f**k the r1 and the gsxr lol it can also make your days happier.

·
Registered
189 Posts
CDidRR-
Here is my take on it.

THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!!

Just like a 600, I downshift before every corner, get it revin, and then roll it on through the corners. If you have not been on a liter bike before, you will not only be amazed at the power and torque, I doubt you would every buy another 600 again.
It's a no brainer.

Good luck

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sub said:
You will have absolutely no problem with the 1000rr. I have both and I actually feel more confident on the 1000rr and have pushed it much harder than my 600rr. The power is so smooth and predictable it's not a problem at all. Sell the 600rr now before you lose more value but beware, once your ride a liter bike the 600 will feel like a scooter and you will have a difficult time ever going back.
I did read a (Canadian) review that actually said the 1000rr was actually easier to ride on the track then the 600RR, which was really hard to believe...Would anyone else agree?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.