Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m new here and new to the cbr world, I am looking at a 2005 cbr1000rr and when it is started there is a knocking , previous owner said it never did it before and he was riding and it started to knock and he shut it off and hasn’t started it since except for a video for evidence for sales, I am very interested in this bike it has low mileage I just want to know if I should be worried , what I should look for , or what the possibilities could be , could it be a top or bottom end issue ? Could it be valves ? Or could it be as simple as a rod bearing ? Any help would be greatly appreciated... thank you!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nothing is 'simple' if there's a knock in what you describe as a 'low mileage bike. Plus, the owner's story sounds suss too. I'd be running and looking for another.

To answer more directly, without hearing the noise it could be top, bottom or clutch. The 04 - 07 motors generally run quiet with the only noise much later would be cam chain.

·
Registered
250 Posts
if it is pore-ignition or detonation, it can be as simple as bad fuel or you might need to dig deeper as nigel mentioned.
I would follow Bevo's advise and have it checked

·
Registered
41 Posts
I wouldnt buy anything that's knocking. And dont you think it's strange that the owner told you the motor "never did that before" and now the bike is for sale?
Plenty of cbr's for sale every where. I'd look for another one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts