Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I am looking for a new pair of gloves.
I am not sure if I want to remain with the brand I have now, or go with something new. I am hoping to get some feedback from the forum on what different people like or dislike and why.
Currently I am using:
Racer High Speed Gloves
Sports gear Sleeve Sports equipment Gesture Automotive parking light

I like them a lot. Comfortable, well constructed, no complaints.
In the past I have also used:
Held EVO THRUX II
Footwear Sports equipment Glove Sports gear Outdoor shoe

Again no complaints.

I am considering
Alpinestars GP PLUS R V2 GLOVES
Arm Glove Sports gear Sleeve Gesture

I have never used Alpinestars gloves.

So I am interested in peoples opinions. Is there any gloves I haven't listed that I should give serious consideration?
I know I can't really go wrong with any of these gloves.
What are peoples opinions on these or other comparable gloves. Pro's/Con's etc etc..
Thanks

·
Classifieds Moderator
762 Posts
I have a pair of Alpinestars gloves with that exact same carbon fiber insert and I've always felt it's way too stiff and limits hand movement. The gloves themselves are sized large enough but whenever I make a fist or grip the handlebar I feel the carbon fiber plate push against my knuckles. It's feels like a sheet of metal and hardly has any give to it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I’ve owned many pairs of alpinestars gloves and, while the quality and feel is good, I’ve never believed that they’re worth the money they charge.

I recently took a chance on RST trackTech EVO 4’s for $120 bucks from the visor shop and these should be WAYYYY more expensive for what you get. They’re an absolute top notch quality piece that the BSB guys use for racing.

In fact, RST as a brand is completely underpriced and could definitely get away with marking up up their portfolio 50% more than what they currently charge.

Glad they don’t though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000rr
867 Posts
I've had a couple sets of Alpinstars...they're good, but I'm currently using RS Taichi gloves. The velcro closures seem to overtlap better.
Tire Wheel Motorcycle White Automotive tire

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it!
I have a pair of Alpinestars gloves with that exact same carbon fiber insert and I've always felt it's way too stiff and limits hand movement.
Thanks, this is exactly the type of feedback I was hoping for. I was/am leaning toward the Alpinestars gloves
I recently took a chance on RST trackTech EVO 4’s for $120 bucks from the visor shop and these should be WAYYYY more expensive for what you get. They’re an absolute top notch quality piece that the BSB guys use for racing.
In fact, RST as a brand is completely underpriced and could definitely get away with marking up up their portfolio 50% more than what they currently charge.
I checked Sportbike Track Gear's video out on these gloves and they definitley seem like a great value! I will be considering these as well.
I'm currently using RS Taichi gloves.
I just got an RS Taichi jacket so I guess I should add there gloves into the list of possibilities as well!

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
A* gloves run small. I normally wear a medium glove, and usually Large in A*. These last ones I got (GP Pro R2 ) I had to go to XL.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I’ve owned many pairs of alpinestars gloves and, while the quality and feel is good, I’ve never believed that they’re worth the money they charge.

Glad they don’t though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These gloves are so good I bought a second pair because why not. I have their boots as well. Also very nice.
I got mine from sportbiketrackgear.com they are a great vendor and the owners son races in Motoamerica Junior Cup.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Everyone
I just purchased a new Helmet yesterday (Shoei RF-1400) now that the process of making that decision is done, I can focus on which gloves to buy.
I greatly appreciate everyone's input, but I'm still on the fence.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts