Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know, the stuffs that glue the fairings to the body consist of mainly plastic rivets and metal bolts.
Buying the OEM ones individually is super expensive (like $2-3 each and metal ones are more).

I have tried more than once to get the Chinese ones from AMZN and they push rivets did not fit.

Have you guys ever bought the entire set of plastic rivets and bolts that really fitted well? Any trusted vendors to recommend for 2005 CBR1000RR (SC57B)?

·
Registered
552 Posts
It is pretty ridiculous how much they want for these clips. You will have to order from the UK to get a reasonable price I think. If you have aftermarket fairings such as auctmarts, they may not grip in them well. That's the only problem I've had with the Auctmarts fairings. I don't even use the ones at the top point on the front of the lowers. It doesn't seem to be a problem.
Here are some possibilities on Ebay

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll look into those.

And, yes, my last straw would be to use zip-ties for those underneath the bike.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hey Art....the ones I gave links to are around the front opening. The ones on the bottom of the lowers are different. Always order extras when you do order. They can break or wear out over time. I've changed all my fairings four times, so I always keep extras of all the bolts, fasteners and grommets.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Art....the ones I gave links to are around the front opening. The ones on the bottom of the lowers are different. Always order extras when you do order. They can break or wear out over time. I've changed all my fairings four times, so I always keep extras of all the bolts, fasteners and grommets.
Yup, I often order them in bulk when they fit well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts