Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's up guys I need some help my cousin went agaisnt what I said about buying a Suzuki, anywase he bought a 2002 gsxr 1000 and he has no mechanical skills so here I am doing it for him.
When u hammer down on the throttle and rev it up the rpms want to stick around six thousand, if udown shift real quick the rpms will go back down. Could not having a packing in the exhaust cause this problem with it only being the can??? Or is there something else going on? Your help is much appreciated thanks slot.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's sticking around six thousand rpms when u let off the gas. But onle if u where riding hard, hey I'm just tryin to help him I got my 1000rr

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pretty sure it's not the cables say it's stuck at six grand and u downshift then it will b fine

·
Registered
352 Posts
It has to be something with the cables, their really is no other way it would stick.

Is it sticking their and not moving at all, even if you try to give it more throttle without shifting up or down? Or is it just when it is reving down that is gets stuck at 6k?

·
Registered
254 Posts
does it have a power commander? are you sure its not a 01 i believe the 01 (maybe the 02 has it) still had a start enrichment on it (choke whatever they call it on it) make sure he isnt leaving that on

·
Registered
352 Posts
does it have a power commander? are you sure its not a 01 i believe the 01 (maybe the 02 has it) still had a start enrichment on it (choke whatever they call it on it) make sure he isnt leaving that on
very good point, I didnt even think about it having the choke. I am so used to not having one. :beat:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you try to give it more throttle its fine, when its reving down is when it gets stuck the actual throttle grip closes all the way thats whay i dont believe its the cable

1 - 12 of 12 Posts