Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,062 Posts
Congrats & Welcome..! Great choice, I love mine and couldn’t ask for more. Best moto I ever had, the suspension is really great!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Really how come?
Because it included the “good stuff” that Honda left off the base bikes that the dealers were giving away two years ago, and I bought. ABS, quick shifter, Ohlins shocks….not to mention the gold wheels that make a night and day difference in the appearance.

·
Registered
'18 CBR1000RR SP
752 Posts
Congrats!
Like what @J D said, I can't ask for more in this bike. In terms of super sports, it has everything I wanted. Besides, it approaches Ducati supersports weight class (in terms of lightness) and does not have reliability or costs to maintain, like Ducatis.

Your bike's seat looked a little different from the OEM one. Did you ask them what seat was that?

·
Registered
'18 CBR1000RR SP
752 Posts
Because it included the “good stuff” that Honda left off the base bikes that the dealers were giving away two years ago, and I bought. ABS, quick shifter, Ohlins shocks….not to mention the gold wheels that make a night and day difference in the appearance.
The rest of the stuffs you mentioned, I agree.
Those gold wheels are pretty if you clean them regularly. They do get messy pretty fast because of the lighter color.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The rest of the stuffs you mentioned, I agree.
Those gold wheels are pretty if you clean them regularly. They do get messy pretty fast because of the lighter color.
My bikes normally get cleaned everytime I ride them. That would assure I don’t get lazy in my old age 😇

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,062 Posts
Don’t forget Titanium gas tank.. :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats!
Like what @J D said, I can't ask for more in this bike. In terms of super sports, it has everything I wanted. Besides, it approaches Ducati supersports weight class (in terms of lightness) and does not have reliability or costs to maintain, like Ducatis.

Your bike's seat looked a little different from the OEM one. Did you ask them what seat was that?
Nope, but to me that is looking a very standard seat? I did email them yesterday to confirm it is or is not a standard exhaust system though.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,062 Posts
Nope, but to me that is looking a very standard seat? I did email them yesterday to confirm it is or is not a standard exhaust system though.
I believe Luimoto makes seat covers wt gel inserts. Need to buy one myself. Stock seat is rough for all day schreddin’

1 - 18 of 18 Posts