Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
less than 1000 kilos on it, 4 days old, broke in the hard way, let a buddy go for a rip and crashed her in the parking lot coming to park. est 5500 in dmg, whole left side of the bike including the pegs, mirrors, plastics, swingarm, and handlebarz

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah they are figuring estimates out right now, the dealership dont even have a price card for the parts yet, dam it, but my buddy is ok, and hes gonna pay 2 fix it outta his own pocket. Kinda sucks for him, but what can ya do.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, for sure. Since my signal light is messed, i thought it would be a good time to put some jet black flush mount signals on it, got any advice and stuff for it?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
$5500!? Damn, in that pic you can barely tell there is any damage.

Recommendation on front signal's... check out Gregg's Customs.

Edit: I just realized that is 5500 Canadian dollars. That's probably about equivalent to replacing the front signal in American dollars then... :D

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

the misery

that sucks dude

you know what i'm sure your buddy feels worse than you (i hope)

wrecking a friends bike is like the worst.....well not as bad as knocking up his sister...but close :D

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
BigRome said:
You'd have a better chance of screwing my wife
:lol: Good one

But seriously, I have only one friend (who I have a company with and we are like bro's) who can get my bike. Now he has a VTR1000-SP2 (RC51 in the US) and we use our bikes in rotation... sometimes switching for weeks. It's good, but it only works like this since we pay for our bikes together (all our bikes belong to our company :D )

BUTTTTTT: As a matter of fact he wrecked my last 2 bikes :very_mad:
last summer my HONDA CBR900RR (it wasn't his fault and the insurance covered it for us), then I got this Ducati 999 and two months ago he took it for a weekend and layed the baby in a bend (he ran on thick sand that was on the road from a truck that had an accident two-three days earlier) I still conceder this was not his fault either, but the insurance didn't cover it for us. He scrubbed off the right side... nothing too serious, but he broke his left shoulder...
OK the Ducati has been fixed and nothing can bee seen on it... they changed every bit with reordered parts... It was expensive thou
But the HONDA was sold for scrap
Now I am getting my dream bike the 1KRR, and I guess he will get both if he wants any of them (at least when his shoulder get better, I don't think he will ride for an other few months)

On the contrary to what you just read he is a really good rider and I still have confidence in him (I think :bounce: )

·
Registered
39 Posts
Major tough luck CGP for both you & your bud.
I've been there and I know exactly how you both feel first hand. Totally sucks all the way around. Very cool it sounds like he's ready to cowboy-up for the bill...The main thing is no injuries. It may take some time but parts can be bought. There's a bunch of oem (new & racebike takeoffs)stuff that might help your parts problem showing up on ebay for what looks like pretty reasonable prices that might make the *** (waiting on parts) time go faster and help the $$$ go a little further. I feel for you dude, hang tough, you'll be back up before you know it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.