1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda CBR1000RR ABS ----- 2019 Honda CBR300R ABS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Let me tell you a little about myself.

I started riding in the spring of 2019 on a CBR300R ABS (New).
Two seasons, 3,600 miles on the 300R.
Oct 1st 2021 I acquired a
2021 CBR1000RR ABS (New).
Two weeks, 480 miles

I mostly ride open county highways in Wisconsin. Smooth black top roads w/ fast sweeping turns, long straights, low traffic, numerous hills, valleys, and blind turns.

Riding Style
I rode solo for the first 3,000 miles. Learning to understand cornering, braking, & throttle control on the 300R.
At 3,000 miles I started riding with my cousin w/ a 2020 Aprilia RSV4. Quickly realizing I need to take the next step in my riding.
Now with 480 miles on the CBR1000RR I feel like I'm learning to ride all over gain.

Lastly,
Piloting the 1000RR is phenomenal. I've never felt such freedom & peace of mind in my life.

Brandon

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000rr
802 Posts
WOOOO HOOOO!!!! Now you're talking Brandon. Sounds like a fun time with your cousin. Those are both a lot of bike. The power is nothing to be afraid of, just be respectful. If you and your cousin ever swap bikes for a ride, I'd like to hear your comparison of the two. Hope the Wisconsin Winter doesn't slow you down too much.

Gary in Arizona.

·
Registered
2021 Honda CBR1000RR ABS ----- 2019 Honda CBR300R ABS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum!
Are you keeping the 300 for around-town rides?

Yes, keeping it for around-town & if my 1000RR is down for whatever reason. That way I still can ride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
WOOOO HOOOO!!!! Now you're talking Brandon. Sounds like a fun time with your cousin. Those are both a lot of bike. The power is nothing to be afraid of, just be respectful. If you and your cousin ever swap bikes for a ride, I'd like to hear your comparison of the two. Hope the Wisconsin Winter doesn't slow you down too much.

Gary in Arizona.
RSV4 torque for daaaaysss...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts