Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All me again

Just picked the bike up from the dealers but it looks like rain has set in for the weekend Major Downer

Anyway

Some questions

1. I intend to do an intermediate oil and filter change before the 600 mile service, I'm thinking around 100-150 miles, any thoughts on this?

2. I have the uk color black 1krr (see pic in last post) I've put the honda tank protector on the top of the tank but the dealer advised using clear self adhesive vinyl on the sides of the tank to prevent this being scuffed by Knee's / leathers, anyone else done this? or can anyone suggest something better?

3. Does the plastic paneling immediately below the seat get scuffed? is it worth protecting somehow?

4. When should I consider changing to fully synthetic oil?

5. Is castrol chain wax a good choice for chain lube

ps will be getting the seat cowl tomorrow so will post some more pics when I get it on

·
I'm slower then you
1,394 Posts
StuUK said:
1. I intend to do an intermediate oil and filter change before the 600 mile service, I'm thinking around 100-150 miles, any thoughts on this?
I figure if Honda doesn't say you need it, and they have to pay for warranty work, then you don't have to. That being said, the only harm that will ever come from an oil change is money leaving the pocket.

StuUK said:
4. When should I consider changing to fully synthetic oil?
Whenever you want. I did on my first oil change.

·
Registered
231 Posts
i did my oil change at 50 miles since i broke it in unconventionally, but never gone to redline...use regular oil for proper sealing of the valves i think i read it somewhere you can use synthetic after 1500-2000 miles. i'm going to do another oil change at about 600 miles and then 1000 miles, but thats just me :D

·
Registered
526 Posts
IronNutz said:
Every one of your questions already has at least one thread dedicated to it. Use the search function at the top of the page for a bunch of feedback.
:lol:
yup.
Quick answers:
1:Use normal oil, change somewhere between 20-100 miles, thats when all the metal flakes show up from the first use.
2:http://www.thetankslapper.biz/ I have the full set, works great but make sure you follow the directions. Put it on inside, non-windy and above 75 degrees as it expands when it heats.
4:2000 miles
5:I use Honda Pro chain lube, works great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.