Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to post this after looking at the home page.

Topping the 'Trending Discussions' list is Word Association Game. The most recent post is two years old: Jan 18, 2018.

How the heck can that be identified as 'trending'?o_O:unsure:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed. Look towards this site for how a nice web format should look.

Yes, plain and ordinary, but very functional. Looks like the old phbb style early forums.

On the positive(?) side though, I guess we have to adapt to what we've got. Some continued 'fine tuning' might make it more manageable and a better user experience.

BUT, we speak with experience of this forum. I would hate to be coming in here NOW as a newbie because I think it presents as very confrontational and difficult to navigate. IMPORTANTLY, if a potential new member lands on the home page, he/she is met with this:

Top forums and top photos might be fine, but nowhere is there any joining information or directions on how to join. Even in the top listing of 1000RR General Discussion, one cannot instantly access joining information. An oversight @admin ?

·
Administrator
377 Posts
When you are not logged in the option to join is there.

When you click it, it leads to here.

Additionally, guests see an option at the bottom of threads they might be reading.

That being said, can I ask a huge favor of y'all?

Can we keep all feedback, questions, concerns, requests for help, etc.regarding the new platform in our Community Feedback thread rather than posting in other threads?

The reason this is important is that we will be seeing weekly updates (approximately) that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. By keeping all of the information in one thread, we can help make sure that we don't miss anything

- Cricket

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
How about adding something that shows to the person logged in what threads he/she has posted in when scrolling through a list of new posts. Also, add something that shows who started a thread in a long discussion. Examples of each are shown below. It looks like "Discussion Starter" is already there, although not quite as obvious as the example pic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts