Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Technically, I joined in 2018 but just bought my CBR1000RR a month ago. Age is creeping up there and I'm looking for a light weight supplement for my FJR. I will likely keep the FJR for cross country rides but plan to use the CBR for rides of 2 weeks or less. ( I don't ride in the city normally. ) I'm sure that a few purists will moan about using this bike for touring but I've ridden with older riders on less appropriate bikes easily doing 500 mile days for a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to the experiment. So far, I've designed and built hard bag mounts and have a Saddlemen gel seat and touring windscreen. A change of handle bars to Convertibars and slightly lower pegs are next. If anyone would like the details on the hard bags mounts, let me know. Once I have the installation finalized, I will send you the drawings and CAD files.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi David, and welcome.

Hope you enjoy the bike once you have it to your liking. I must comment though, with respect, that I am surprised that with the mods you are doing, you did not consider the more 'appropriate' CB1000R. Or did you? ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did consider the CB1000R and the similar offerings from the other marques. And you're certainly not the first to suggest that as the wiser choice, and I certainly take no offense. I knew this was not the best route but I wanted a challenge and have really enjoyed it so far.

When I was looking to buy the bike, I found one for sale in Washington state and the guy had a picture of his CBR towing a trailer. So I knew that I was still inside the bounds of sanity.

·
Registered
108 Posts
. . . When I was looking to buy the bike, I found one for sale in Washington state and the guy had a picture of his CBR towing a trailer. . .
Ah, of course. THAT sealed it!! :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, these are great bikes. I don't do touring miles, but they are well up to the task of anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts