Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i have been reading these forums for the last day or so and you guys have a lot of knowledge and stuff. I plan on getting my 08 or 09 in a month or so. I read about the oil leaks, the mods, the clutch and the recalls. but what i am not sure on is if there are any big changes from the 08's to the 09's. I was thinking that because I saw someone was talking about the power commander 5 not working on the 08's and stuff and it just got me thinking. so is there a difference besides ABS and no ABS?

to let you know about me i had a 06 636 for the last couple years and took a bad turn up in the mountains and messed up my knee. is there anyone from az in this forum?

well i will post pics of my bike when i get it.

what mostly resembles me= :dur:

·
Premium Noob
1,414 Posts
Welcome aboard.:th_salute:

·
~~~~~~~~~~~
4,957 Posts
Welcome to the site. :th_salute:

but what i am not sure on is if there are any big changes from the 08's to the 09's. I was thinking that because I saw someone was talking about the power commander 5 not working on the 08's and stuff and it just got me thinking. so is there a difference besides ABS and no ABS?
The clutch has changed. ABS is only available on the red and black with silver seat rails. All others are non-ABS. Dyno Jet lists the PCV as 2009 but I believe it will work with the 08 bikes as well.

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
Nam3less you could always go up to your local dealer and they will have the best idea of when it would be coming out. When it gets closer to the actual date of release they will have a more specific date to tell ya

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.