Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone trying to mount them in the FAKE ram air inlets on the front. I was looking into making my own. Have to wait til I get my bike first :banghead: though to see what it entails. Just curious if anyone else has tryed or is going to try this?

·
Huge Member
707 Posts
I am sure you can make it work, I would be a little concerned about the arc of visability (you could see it from the front, but not from the sides). I know there was a euro version of the 954 had the turn signals in the headlight assembly it was pretty cool looking.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
You could do that Euro version on the 929 also. It even had the template built in. The problem with these kind of mounts (Headlight, Ram-Air inlet) is the visibility. Great from the front, but noone on the sides of you knows what you are doing. Safety first. :wink:

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
TLS-RR said:
Anyone trying to mount them in the FAKE ram air inlets on the front. I was looking into making my own. Have to wait til I get my bike first :banghead: though to see what it entails. Just curious if anyone else has tryed or is going to try this?
I also thought of that a while back. It's supposed to be cold until middle of next week, so I'm hoping to tinker with the bike (remove reflectors, play w/ licence plate, check out the Ram Air vents, etc.). LED's would give the most "bling" value, but there's a more limited choice of pre-made LED light fixtures, most have a fairly limited viewing angle. Also, you'd need a regulator to make the blinkers go at a normal rate. I suppose the "easier" way would be to make a bracket that hangs in the center with two ears to mount some generic mini/LP type blinkers.

For comparison, the stock lights are aimed forward, whereas the Gregg's blinkers don't appear to be visible at all from the front; so I'd think the Ram Air blinkers, even with LEDs, would be noticeably more visible than the Greegg's. Personally, I am more concerned with making sure the cars & riders behind me see a turn signal, than anyone in front of me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.