Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!,

Been lurking on these things for years so I thought it was about time to hop on board (and I live in MN, so I need to get my fix somewhere till spring!).
Currently have a 17 1000RR (we call her Toothless because when the mirrors are folded in, my wife thinks it looks like the dragon from that movie) and a 17 Africa Twin. Haven’t done any mods to it YET, but I’m looking forward to reading through all the posts here to see what works well and what doesn’t (on someone else’s dime ;)). Seriously though, I love this bike and every time I see it sitting in storage in my garage, a small tear runs down the side of my face :cry:
My wife Amy (rides an R3) and I have become huge MotoGP fans, so we’ve spent a good portion of the winter watching previous races (the subscription was some of the best $$ I’ve spent). The problem is, it just makes us long that much more to go carve some corners. As a result, we’ll be trailering our bikes down to Austin next month to COTA to watch MM in person! We can’t wait!
Thanks for all the great info you all have provided here and I look forward to getting to know you better!
Mike

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Mike and welcome. Great bike the 2017 - I have the '18, but unmodded, save for fender eliminator and rad guard.

You have a bonus in having a wife who shares the joys and experiences of bikes, and a good bike too. Austin will be a blast. We can all hope that MM makes up for his 'off' last year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nigelrb!

Yes, having a wife that’s into it is such a bonus! As far as Marc, we’re chalking last year up to a turn 12 glitch in the software. It was waaaay too strange for him. Really looking forward to getting up early next Sunday and watching Qatar!! Hopefully Yamaha sorted some things - it would be great to see some more close ones!

Hi Mike and welcome. Great bike the 2017 - I have the '18, but unmodded, save for fender eliminator and rad guard.

You have a bonus in having a wife who shares the joys and experiences of bikes, and a good bike too. Austin will be a blast. We can all hope that MM makes up for his 'off' last year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Mike and welcome. I've also got a 2017 CBR1000RR ABS. Love the nickname btw. I can see the dragon reference. I always see an aggressive hornet when I look at mine with the mirrors folded in. I'm down here in Phx, so we can ride all year long. However, in the summers we start riding at O'dark 30 so we can be home by 10 AM. 🤣 What kind of trailer set up do you have?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Brad,
Thanks for the welcome! Unfortunately right now we don’t have a trailer. We rent one from a local place. Here in MN there aren’t a lot of options for track days, so between that and my work schedule, we don’t use a trailer often enough to justify the expense. Hopefully, if plans work out, that will change. I just took the bike out of storage, cleaned it up and got it ready to go. It’s killing me seeing it sitting in the middle of the garage perfectly clean and not being able to ride it!! Soon (once the salt clears from the roads)!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts