Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Vehicle brake

Hey everyone, or anyone? Lol
My name is Ces. I live in the SF Bay Area. I’ve been riding street bikes since 1987. Jus got my first bike in about 5 years… a 22 CBR1000RR abs. I’ve done a few miles, and a few mods. This place seems pretty awesome so far. Just wanted to introduce myself. Hey y’all !

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the bike!
Thanks very much.

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

Not that anyone asked, but here’s a pic from today. Lots more parts on the way. Öhlins TTX and Gilles rearsets and more. It’s definitely an addiction. I’ll add that this is my first street bike in a while, but I’ve been riding and building dirt bikes on the daily for the last 2+ years….

Very nice. Always envious of new bike owners. I like the added decals. Do you have some nice twisty roads in your area?
Enjoy, creap up on this guy, it has a lot to offer.
Hey! Yes the SF Bay Area has endless twisties both near and far. I grew up riding one of best known roads around called Grizzly Peak & Skykine. In the Berkeley Oakland hills. World famous views up there too. And yes, thank you. I’m an old man and I ride as such. I’m not looking to add power to this monster or to see “what she can do” lol. I’m too busy scanning for other drivers full time. Seems like us bikes have become even more invisible, somehow! Lord have mercy

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn that’s a sexy bike fella. Congrats on the pickup and welcome to the forum
Thanks very much!

Welcome Ces!
Thank you

Welcome and nice bike. I grew up in the Bay and spent a ton of time riding around Alice’s. You’ve got a lot of awesome roads out there.
Ok ! Nice. Please tell me, or remind me, what’s Alice’s ?

Nice new ride, Welcome…!
Thx !

Ces, welcome brother!

Nice bike! Love the new livery on the 22's.List your mods, we all love to geek out to that stuff!
Oh I’d be happy to ! Lol
I am full parts & wrench geek.
Honda OEM quick shifter
New rage fender eliminator with blinkers.
New Rage hidden / stealth front blinkers.
Two Bros S1R 3K Carbon slip on exhaust
+servo buddy.
DID ZVM-X ring chain.
I stayed 525, at least for now.
ASV F3 brake and clutch levers.
Driven Racing D3 grips.
I’ll say I really like the OEM grips on this bike and may put them back. They have the perfect feel.
Rizoma Stealth mirrors.
Tried silver and black. They both looked really cool on this bike. Went with black since so many other parts are black, including some of the OE graphics.
AS3 steering stem yoke nut in anodized red. One of my favorite companies. Best quality, could not be more affordable.
Honda OE rear seat cowling fairing. Aka passenger seat delete.
Removed the passenger foot pegs,
and OE chain guard.
A habit left over from racing BMX as a kid. Lol
Watch your cuffs and tuck your laces!
Added a few HRC decals and tried some other stickers on the swing arm. Haven’t decided about those yet..

parts that are not on the bike yet
Galfer USA 5 line brake kit in red.
With 5 titanium banjo bolts in blue ano,
resourced from my own titanium racing hardware supply.
Yes I have hook up. I’m happy to share.
Öhlins TTX-GP rear shock.
Part number HO468.
A lot of research, time and effort went in to getting that part #, so I hope it’s useful for someone.
I had previously said HO568
but that’s for the
2020-2022 Honda CBR1000RR-R.
The Honda CBR1000RR aka generation model SC77 2017-2022 takes Öhlins shock part number HO468.
Had to update and correct this info

MotoConcepts carbon fiber rear fender / mud guard, tank sides and frame caps. Those weird little pieces by your knee that are kinda like hexagons…
Update. The products sold by this company did not fit my bike. I’m returning them. Some were almost good enough. Some were so off they wouldn’t mount at all. Like the lower tank side pieces.

GB Racing engine guards, 3 piece kit.
Tappezzeria seat cover from MotoD.
Gilles Tooling rearsets and red anodized axle blocks.
Coming from Germany and taking 1-2 months.
Ugh !
Carbon fiber winglets. MotoGP style.
Puig lever guards
And for good taste; a couple Nicky Haden 69 stickers!

Welcome To The Forum, I live in the Bay Area too, suck their so much traffic, I started riding in 1988, first bike 88 Honda Hurricane 600, love that bike, wish I never sold. Enjoy your new bike.
Thanks very much. Awesome to meet another local on here. And yes I understand the broken heart of the ones we sold… hard to think about for me. Stay up!

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alice's Restaurant at the junction of Highway 84 and 35 in Woodside. If you haven't been out that way, I highly recommend it. There's a ton of fun roads, like Pescadero Creek Road and Stage Road, to ride in the mountains there.
Used to live right next door to Woodside in Menlo Park. Off the Sand Hill Rd. exit.
I even did one year at Woodside High. But I haven’t been back over there in 30 years. I know the road and the restaurant you’re talking about, very well but I have not been there in decades.
Good memories over there. One of the most beautiful places around, up in those woods…

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
104 Posts
Used to live right next door to Woodside in Menlo Park. Off the Sand Hill Rd. exit.
I even did one year at Woodside High. But I haven’t been back over there in 30 years. I know the road and the restaurant you’re talking about, very well but I have not been there in decades.
Good memories over there. One of the most beautiful places around, up in those woods…
That’s the spot, such a nice area. I haven’t been out there in over a decade but I remember every weekend at Alice’s the lots would be filled with bikes, I wonder if it’s still just as popular.

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That’s the spot, such a nice area. I haven’t been out there in over a decade but I remember every weekend at Alice’s the lots would be filled with bikes, I wonder if it’s still just as popular.
It’s either gone viral because the internet has exposed all the cool secret spots or those hard a** sheriff’s up there have shut it down. Lol I do remember those guys do not mess around. And didn’t particularly love us tearing through on our bikes… must have been 86-87 last time was there. Wow that went by quickly!

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

pretty sure I just gained 6 to 9 horsepower
😂😂

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
104 Posts
Those Hayden stickers are for sure 6 to 9 horsepower at least.
It’s either gone viral because the internet has exposed all the cool secret spots or those hard a** sheriff’s up there have shut it down. Lol I do remember those guys do not mess around. And didn’t particularly love us tearing through on our bikes… must have been 86-87 last time was there. Wow that went by quickly!
I've gotten my fair share of tickets out there and sadly watched a few people die as well. :( I'm bummed the sheriffs put an end to it but I can understand their reasoning when people were getting airlifted out of those mountains almost every weekend.

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those Hayden stickers are for sure 6 to 9 horsepower at least.

I've gotten my fair share of tickets out there and sadly watched a few people die as well. :( I'm bummed the sheriffs put an end to it but I can understand their reasoning when people were getting airlifted out of those mountains almost every weekend.
Too true Noveske. I don’t remember getting any tickets up there back in the day, but I believe I got several warnings. And regular medivac choppers will definitely garner a response like that. Shoot, I actually agree with it.
I rode a short but awesome road called Kirker Pass this weekend, doing a couple passes. Found myself doing the speed limit, mostly. Which is 55 up there. Super nice little
run right by my house… still getting a feel for the new bike. And being back on a street bike, as well as trying to properly break it in. And not burn her up when she only has 300 something miles.
but!
This is all making me want to see Woodisde again! Lol

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
104 Posts
Too true Noveske. I don’t remember getting any tickets up there back in the day, but I believe I got several warnings. And regular medivac choppers will definitely garner a response like that. Shoot, I actually agree with it.
I rode a short but awesome road called Kirker Pass this weekend, doing a couple passes. Found myself doing the speed limit, mostly. Which is 55 up there. Super nice little
run right by my house… still getting a feel for the new bike. And being back on a street bike, as well as trying to properly break it in. And not burn her up when she only has 300 something miles.
but!
This is all making me want to see Woodisde again! Lol
There’s a lot of fun roads up there around Mt Diablo as well. :)

·
Registered
2017 CBR1000RA ABS/OEM QS
56 Posts
Oh I’d be happy to ! Lol
I am full parts & wrench geek.
Honda OEM quick shifter
New rage fender eliminator with blinkers.
New Rage hidden / stealth front blinkers.
Two Bros S1R 3K Carbon slip on exhaust
+servo buddy.
DID ZVM-X ring chain.
I stayed 525, at least for now.
ASV F3 brake and clutch levers.
Driven Racing D3 grips.
I’ll say I really like the OEM grips on this bike and may put them back. They have the perfect feel.
Rizoma Stealth mirrors.
Tried silver and black. They both looked really cool on this bike. Went with black since so many other parts are black, including some of the OE graphics.
AS3 steering stem yoke nut in anodized red. One of my favorite companies. Best quality, could not be more affordable.
Honda OE rear seat cowling fairing. Aka passenger seat delete.
Removed the passenger foot pegs,
and OE chain guard.
A habit left over from racing BMX as a kid. Lol
Watch your cuffs and tuck your laces!
Added a few HRC decals and tried some other stickers on the swing arm. Haven’t decided about those yet..

parts that are not on the bike yet
Galfer USA 5 line brake kit in red.
With 5 titanium banjo bolts in blue ano,
resourced from my own titanium racing hardware supply.
Yes I have hook up. I’m happy to share.
Öhlins TTX-GP rear shock.
Part number HO568. A lot of research time and effort went in to getting that part #, so I hope it’s useful for someone.
MotoConcepts carbon fiber rear fender / mud guard, tank sides and frame caps. Those weird little pieces by your knee that are kinda like hexagons…
GB Racing engine guards, 3 piece kit.
Tappezzeria seat cover from MotoD.
Gilles Tooling rearsets and red anodized axle blocks.
Coming from Germany and taking 1-2 months.
Ugh !
Carbon fiber winglets. MotoGP style.
Puig lever guards
And for good taste; a couple Nicky Haden 69 stickers!
CES, those parts are badass! Gilles Tooling rearsets are nice! You definitely get what you pay for with them! I like the LighTech R rearsets as well. So the chain guard, I love the look of not having a chain guard. I recently took off all the EPA/Omissions/chain tension/tire pressure stickers off the side of my swing arm and it looks SOOO much better. I am going to take off the chain guard to give it that clean look as well! Don't know how old you are but I remembering getting the BMX magazines with Gary Ellis on the cover with the GT Pro Series Elite Team! I really think removing the chain guard thing is a BMX thing! LOL

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
There’s a lot of fun roads up there around Mt Diablo as well. :)
I’m in the 925 too. Where are you, if you don’t mind my asking. I’m in Concord the last 10+ years, and I still don’t know where the good twisty roads over here are. Tell me something good!

Oh my mistake.
I thought you said “up HERE” around Mt. Diablo.
My bad

CES, those parts are badass! Gilles Tooling rearsets are nice! You definitely get what you pay for with them! I like the LighTech R rearsets as well. So the chain guard, I love the look of not having a chain guard. I recently took off all the EPA/Omissions/chain tension/tire pressure stickers off the side of my swing arm and it looks SOOO much better. I am going to take off the chain guard to give it that clean look as well! Don't know how old you are but I remembering getting the BMX magazines with Gary Ellis on the cover with the GT Pro Series Elite Team! I really think removing the chain guard thing is a BMX thing! LOL
Absolutely! Back when I was kid in the 70’s, chain guards and reflectors were super lame. It’d get you teased and even bullied. So would the wrong stickers! Haha I’m 52. An old man, I’m told. But I don’t feel that way… lol
Yes I removed all the oem swing arm decals, after photographing them for posterity. Ha ha! Added a few racing stickers and I already feel faster ! And, thank you for the good word about GILLES Tooling. I’ve heard a lot of great things about them. They looked fantastic when I studied them. I got a great deal with a discount, no tax and no shipping fees. I am having to wait for the factory in Germany to create my rear sets and my chain tensioners. 2-4 weeks I am told. It’s so hard to wait for parts damn it but I’ve never owned anything from them so I’m looking forward to riding with it.
I should mention that our SC77 model Hondas do NOT take Öhlins part number HO568.
I learned this today the hard way. By taking my motorcycle and my shock to the local Honda dealership service department. Only to discover that all of my research and time on the phone with Öhlins still got me the wrong part! Our SC77’s takes HO468.
The HO568 is for the CBR1000RR-R 2020-2022.
I apologize for the incorrect info.
I’ll go edit that post!

I think the one we used to ride was North Gate Road. It’s been over a decade since I’ve ridden out there. I grew up in the South Bay then moved out to Utah. :)
Oh ok cool. I’ll check that out man. Thx very much !

Nice new ride, Welcome…!
Hi JD, I’m having a little trouble figuring out this forum. I have a few questions, I don’t even know how to send you a private message or a direct message for example.

How to send a PM or DM.
How to post a video. We still have to use 3rd party hosting? I thought that was over years ago.
I’ve looked around quite a bit and can’t figure out some basic functions.
Sorry if I sound like a moron.

I removed all the stickers off my swing arm, reflectors and chain guard too, plus the stickers on the gas tank.
Please post some pics of how it looks after the decals and reflectors delete, please.
I’d love to see it.
✌🏽

1 - 20 of 72 Posts