Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
91 Posts
I’m in the 925 too. Where are you, if you don’t mind my asking. I’m in Concord the last 10+ years, and I still don’t know where the good twisty roads over here are. Tell me something good!

Oh my mistake.
I thought you said “up HERE” around Mt. Diablo.
My bad
I think the one we used to ride was North Gate Road. It’s been over a decade since I’ve ridden out there. I grew up in the South Bay then moved out to Utah. :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Absolutely! Back when I was kid in the 70’s, chain guards and reflectors were super lame. It’d get you teased and even bullied. So would the wrong stickers! Haha I’m 52. An old man, I’m told. But I don’t feel that way… lol
Yes I removed all the oem swing arm decals, after photographing them for posterity. Ha ha! Added a few racing stickers and I already feel faster ! And, thank you for the good word about GILLES Tooling. I’ve heard a lot of great things about them. They looked fantastic when I studied them. I got a great deal with a discount, no tax and no shipping fees. I am having to wait for the factory in Germany to create my rear sets and my chain tensioners. 2-4 weeks I am told. It’s so hard to wait for parts damn it but I’ve never owned anything from them so I’m looking forward to riding with it.
I should mention that our SC77 model Hondas do NOT take Öhlins part number HO568.
I learned this today the hard way. By taking my motorcycle and my shock to the local Honda dealership service department. Only to discover that all of my research and time on the phone with Öhlins still got me the wrong part! Our SC77’s takes HO468.
The HO568 is for the CBR1000RR-R 2020-2022.
I apologize for the incorrect info.
I’ll go edit that post!
I removed all the stickers off my swing arm, reflectors and chain guard too, plus the stickers on the gas tank.

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
91 Posts
Hi JD, I’m having a little trouble figuring out this forum. I have a few questions, I don’t even know how to send you a private message or a direct message for example.

How to send a PM or DM.
How to post a video. We still have to use 3rd party hosting? I thought that was over years ago.
I’ve looked around quite a bit and can’t figure out some basic functions.
Sorry if I sound like a moron.
I think the private discussions get unlocked after a certain amount of time and posts. The bike model can be populated with a text box under account settings. :)

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,041 Posts
Hi JD, I’m having a little trouble figuring out this forum. I have a few questions, I don’t even know how to send you a private message or a direct message for example.

How to send a PM or DM.
How to post a video. We still have to use 3rd party hosting? I thought that was over years ago.
I’ve looked around quite a bit and can’t figure out some basic functions.
Sorry if I sound like a moron.
No worries! Just click on the user profile that you’d like to begin a conversation with, click ‘Start Conversation’ as illustrated in the attached foto.
unfortunately we cannot attach videos.
Tire Wheel Font Screenshot Electronic device

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Here’s a sneak peek of my bike from yesterday. A bunch of parts are being installed. Here you can see parts of the GBR engine covers and Galfer brake lines. Lever protecters, carbon frame cap and mud flap. Kind of…. as well as my botched seat cover job. A real cover has been ordered. Haha
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Keeping it chronological, here’s the bike as was returned to me this time, yesterday.
I’m about to add a good amount of parts to the bike myself now.
This is a chapter.
Posted for reference.
Brakes and suspension upgrades done. because,
handling and stopping is what makes a bike fast. More importantly, it makes the rider a bit safer.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
492 Posts
Keeping it chronological, here’s the bike as was returned to me this time, yesterday.
This is a chapter.
Posted for reference.
handling and stopping is what makes a bike fast. More importantly, it makes the rider a bit safer.
View attachment 265746
View attachment 265747
View attachment 265748
View attachment 265745
View attachment 265749 View attachment 265750
What do you use for front blinkers ?

I cut the bracket, that had the reflector on it, cut the small tab off with a dremmel.

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I cut the bracket, that had the reflector on it, cut the small tab off with a dremmel.
haha I was tempted to do the exact same thing! But if I ever get a fix-it ticket for it? I will sure be glad that I kept those little tabs.
You’re way cooler than me. No cap !

·
Registered
492 Posts
haha I was tempted to do the exact same thing! But if I ever get a fix-it ticket for it? I will sure be glad that I kept those little tabs.
You’re way cooler than me. No cap !
I never got busted for no reflectors, now watch me jinx myself, lol, just like the aftermarket exhaust, that’s not legal either, but they usually won’t bother you, unless it’s extremely loud.

This is a chapter.
Posted for reference.
View attachment 265746
View attachment 265747
View attachment 265748
View attachment 265745
View attachment 265749 View attachment 265750
On your speed sensor wire, I see you zip tied it to the bracket, did you zip tie it anywhere else, or just left it free, because on mine, non ABS, the speed wire was attached at brake line bracket, plus it had a clip attached to the stock brake lines higher up, but since the aftermarket brakes lines run different, their no other place to attached to, just wondering what you did higher up, that you can’t see in your front wheel picture.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts