Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I never got busted for no reflectors, now watch me jinx myself, lol, just like the aftermarket exhaust, that’s not legal either, but they usually won’t bother you, unless it’s extremely loud.
God speed, young man!
Yes great point about exhausts too.
We mostly all have them. Even here in Ca where the laws are the most harsh! You make an excellent point.
gets out the cutting wheel
😂😂
Those tabs have been bothering me and I’m actually completely focused on that part of the bike as I’m about to upgrade the rotors, pads and all the hardware down there with titanium.
A big box from Galfer just landed and I can’t wait. But as I didn’t get my ti hardware yet, I’ll have to.

On your speed sensor wire, I see you zip tied it to the bracket, did you zip tie it anywhere else, or just left it free, because on mine, non ABS, the speed wire was attached at brake line bracket, plus it had a clip attached to the stock brake lines higher up, but since the aftermarket brakes lines run different, their no other place to attached to, just wondering what you did higher up, that you can’t see in your front wheel picture.
can you show me that wire?
I don’t know which one it is.
Also, I’m exhausted… lol
My bad.
Aside from remixing the reflectors, anything down in there that isn’t OEM was done by my local certified Honda service shop. But that doesn’t mean they did it right. 🤦🏻

·
Registered
492 Posts
Also, I’m exhausted… lol
My bad.
Aside from remixing the reflectors, anything down in there that isn’t OEM was done by my local certified Honda service shop. But that doesn’t mean they did it right. 🤦🏻
Oh ok, thought you did all the work yourself, I never did brake lines with ABS system, but done them on all my motorcycles with standard brake setup, I installed Core Moto stainless steel brake lines on my 17 CBR.

Also, I’m exhausted… lol
My bad.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

It’s the wire that runs alongside, the brake line on the right side, think how I have it should be fine, was just wondering how yours was secured.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Here how the speed sensor wire ran stock.

Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

I did not use the brake clamps that came with the kit, went and bought some black billet ones that were sized for the grommet and some black screws.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

View attachment 265792

I did not use the brake clamps that came with the kit, went and bought some black billet ones that were sized for the grommet and some black screws.
Hey btw, I do a lot of work on this bike. But not all… I’ll go take a pick of that clip and see what’s there. Cheers

Hood Electrical wiring Red Cable Material property

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grille Automotive design

View attachment 265792

This ?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Thanks for the pics.
Hope I showed what you needed to see. I’m pretty sure that zip tie like thing is from Galfer, as part of the 5 line kit we just installed.
In the mean time, take a look at the full front and rear Galfer setup with the red lines, 3 rotors and 6 pads.
you may notice some other new parts like sprocket and a lot of RaceTech Titanium hardware all over the place. Including axle flange nut and all the brake and driveline hardware. I just mounted Sato Racing racing hooks as passenger footpeg blanking plates. I think it’s the best quality anodized billet parts I’ve ever seen. And I have bought way too much anodized aluminum in the last few years!
Ti too ! Lol 🤦🏻🤦🏻
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hey btw, I do a lot of work on this bike. But not all… I’ll go take a pick of that clip and see what’s there. Cheers

View attachment 265799
View attachment 265800
Thanks for the pics.

Hope I showed what you needed to see. I’m pretty sure that zip tie like thing is from Galfer, as part of the 5 line kit we just installed.
In the mean time, take a look at the full front and rear Galfer setup with the red lines, 3 rotors and 6 pads.
you may notice some other new parts like sprocket and a lot of RaceTech Titanium hardware all over the place. Including axle flange nut and all the brake and driveline hardware. I just mounted Sato Racing racing hooks as passenger footpeg blanking plates. I think it’s the best quality anodized billet parts I’ve ever seen. And I have bought way too much anodized aluminum in the last few years!
Ti too ! Lol 🤦🏻🤦🏻 View attachment 265810
View attachment 265811 View attachment 265812
Mine non ABS, so my kit has two brakes lines coming right off the master cylinder, then to each side of the wheel.

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
some updates as this build continues to grow…
After feeling the Öhlins TTX rear shock on this bike, I committed to doing the full Öhlins front setup too. Transformational!
The full Galfer brakes are amazing.
Rotors, steel braided lines and pads.
Highly recommend both setups!
That probably goes without saying.

Decided to replace the Two Bros. S1R 3k
slip-on with a SC Project CR-T. Titanium. But the carbon looks better!
The 2 Bros has no midpipe. I did all the research and development necessary to get one made and mounted: I even found one on eBay that looked pretty good. Then I learned the SC Project slip on comes with a significant mid pipe that replaces the secondary cat chamber between the headers and the muffler. Sold! LOL
I had already ordered and paid for the full Yoshimura Alpha T system.
After speaking to Yoshimura, I learned that it won’t be available until late October / November. And I don’t like the way it looks. Even though I love Yoshimura ! Since 1986,
I have been a huge Yoshi fan.
Then, 90% of MotoGP bikes run SP Project exhaust.
Sold again !

Lots of parts have come in and are already on the bike.
Lots of parts are super super lagging…

Here’s what’s already on the bike, or about to be…

GB Racing engine covers. 3 piece kit.
New controls. Driven Racing grips, ASV levers, and lever protectors.
Gilles Tooling rearsets, axle blocks and brake reservoir caps.
Super Sprox racing sprocket. Gold ano body with black steel teeth, to go with the DID gold racing chain.
Rizoma Stealth mirrors.
Puig black windscreen.
Puig downforce spoilers.
Tappezzeria racing seat.
Samco radiator hoses + clamps.
LighTech quick release gas cap.
R&G Racing frame caps.
Motocomposites carbon fiber rear tire hugger and upper frame caps. (Their tank sides didn’t fit. Not only that, it took me 2 1/2 hours to realize they’re not going to fit and I snapped almost all of the tabs on my OEM tank shelter! GRRRRRR)
Sato Racing gold ano racing hooks as passenger peg block off plates.
There is a theme of anodized gold in that neighborhood of the bike. Between the Öhlins shocks, the chain the rear sprocket and the racing hooks.
So I added a Sato Racing “Shift Spindle Holder” (see pic)
27 pieces of RaceTech Titanium hardware for all the brakes, sprocket and rear axle flange nut. If that stuff were anodized like my 22 Honda CRF450RWE Works Edition hardware?
This CBR would look INSANE!
i’m sure there’s more stuff I’m forgetting but it’s late and I’m beat… I hope everyone on here is doing well and well happy!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Auto part Electric blue Machine

Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Bicycle part Carbon

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Bicycle part Tread

Metal Nickel Auto part Wood Titanium

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

Hand Finger Bicycle part Hand tool Thumb

Bicycle part Cylinder Rim Auto part Metal

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I thought I caught the mod bug changing out a few things when my bike still had 0 miles haha, you’ve got me beat.🤘

How does that Sato shift arm support feel? Does it improve shifting?
I think I got myself beat.
beaten down lol
So, I installed that part late last night. Fired the bike up, made sure that I could still change through the gears. Shut the bike down and shut the shop down. It’s been 114° here for the last week. So I should get a chance to ride it maybe tonight or in the next couple days. I’ll be sure to let you know.
peace

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
104 Posts
I think I got myself beat.
beaten down lol
So, I installed that part late last night. Fired the bike up, made sure that I could still change through the gears. Shut the bike down and shut the shop down. It’s been 114° here for the last week. So I should get a chance to ride it maybe tonight or in the next couple days. I’ll be sure to let you know.
peace
114… that’s brutal. I was in San Mateo last week and it felt punishing in the high 90s. I can’t imagine 114. Fingers crossed that heat wave ends sooner than later.

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I thought I caught the mod bug changing out a few things when my bike still had 0 miles haha, you’ve got me beat.🤘

To be quite honest, it fits snugly and securely behind the shifter spindle. It does not interfere in any way. So after purchasing and installing this expensive piece of anodized billet, I realized that you can barely see it unless you’re crouching down and looking for it… And it serves no function whatsoever. I was quite disappointed after figuring this out. Superfluous is the word I’m thinking of. LOL
But! Sato Racing is some of the highest quality anodized billet aluminum parts I’ve ever seen. And I really like their stuff.
So I’m not bummed. But I’m also not in the habit of purchasing things that serve no purpose. Especially when they’re expensive! Form follows function. So if it’s ugly but it works super well? Chances are we are willing to run it. This piece is not that. It doesn’t do anything but try to look pretty in a very very hidden part of the motorcycle. So in that sense, it is ridiculous.

·
Banned
9 Posts
To be quite honest, it fits snugly and securely behind the shifter spindle. It does not interfere in any way. So after purchasing and installing this expensive piece of anodized billet, I realized that you can barely see it unless you’re crouching down and looking for it… And it serves no function whatsoever. I was quite disappointed after figuring this out. Superfluous is the word I’m thinking of. LOL
But! Sato Racing is some of the highest quality anodized billet aluminum parts I’ve ever seen. And I really like their stuff.
So I’m not bummed. But I’m also not in the habit of purchasing things that serve no purpose. Especially when they’re expensive! Form follows function. So if it’s ugly but it works super well? Chances are we are willing to run it. This piece is not that. It doesn’t do anything but try to look pretty in a very very hidden part of the motorcycle. So in that sense, it is ridiculous.
Truth be told.

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·

very happy to report that the Sato piece does in fact improve shifting. I was having some issues with downshifting using my Honda quick shifter. It was a bit moody at times. I did try 3 and 2 in the settings for sensitivity. I believe I left it set to 2. It shifts a bit more smoothly now. Especially downshifting. But I barely got to ride It before the rearsets were mounted.
Finally ! Today is a very very joyous day!
Yee Yee!
Automotive tire Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Are you going run frame sliders on your bike?
Yes I’m going to do that next-ish.
now that I know what I’m running, more or less.
I had a lot of parts to figure out, try, change or replace. Before I knew what kind of sliders and where to best mount them. But before I hit my first real track day, I’m doing a full slider setup. Have to, right ?

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Those Hayden stickers are for sure 6 to 9 horsepower at least.

I've gotten my fair share of tickets out there and sadly watched a few people die as well. :( I'm bummed the sheriffs put an end to it but I can understand their reasoning when people were getting airlifted out of those mountains almost every weekend.
Hey man, so on Saturday me and my boy went to check out Northgate Road, that you had asked about and suggested. It turns out I have been over there. That is the road I use to go up to the top of Mount Diablo. In Walnut Creek. As soon as the twisties are about to begin, you are at the entrance of Mount Diablo State Park. It is $10 per vehicle or it is a locked gate. The road is very very rough and bumpy, lots of potholes and even more traffic. So I’m confused about the Northgate Road you were referring to. Is this the same one? It is essentially one of the only roads to get up to the peak of Mount Diablo and the pavement is treacherous at best.
PLEASE ADVISE

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yes I’m going to do that next-ish.
now that I know what I’m running, more or less.
I had a lot of parts to figure out, try, change or replace. Before I knew what kind of sliders and where to best mount them. But before I hit my first real track day, I’m doing a full slider setup. Have to, right ?
Yeah don’t mind running them, if you don’t have to drill the fairing, with this bike you have too, unless you get the no cut RG, which is around $400, I might do it one day.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts