Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
91 Posts
Hey man, so on Saturday me and my boy went to check out Northgate Road, that you had asked about and suggested. It turns out I have been over there. That is the road I use to go up to the top of Mount Diablo. In Walnut Creek. As soon as the twisties are about to begin, you are at the entrance of Mount Diablo State Park. It is $10 per vehicle or it is a locked gate. The road is very very rough and bumpy, lots of potholes and even more traffic. So I’m confused about the Northgate Road you were referring to. Is this the same one? It is essentially one of the only roads to get up to the peak of Mount Diablo and the pavement is treacherous at best.
PLEASE ADVISE
Oh wow, yeah we used to ride up there to the top of mt diablo. I don’t remember it being closed off but I do remember it being a little rough. Sorry man I didn’t know it was that bad now, it’s been well over a decade since I’ve been there.

That SC Project exhaust is looking sick though.

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Oh wow, yeah we used to ride up there to the top of mt diablo. I don’t remember it being closed off but I do remember it being a little rough. Sorry man I didn’t know it was that bad now, it’s been well over a decade since I’ve been there.

That SC Project exhaust is looking sick though.
You read my mind ! I was remembering you had said it was around 10 years ago. And one of the first times I went there wa around that same time! But riding that road in a new Denali, the road doesn’t seem rough. But when you’re looking to go tear up some twisties? The road would seem much much different, even back then! Yes unfortunately today it is very dilapidated. Nothing like Grizzly Peak or Skyline…
And thank you very kindly.
It sounds insane!

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
91 Posts
You read my mind ! I was remembering you had said it was around 10 years ago. And one of the first times I went there wa around that same time! But riding that road in a new Denali, the road doesn’t seem rough. But when you’re looking to go tear up some twisties? The road would seem much much different, even back then! Yes unfortunately today it is very dilapidated. Nothing like Grizzly Peak or Skyline…
And thank you very kindly.
It sounds insane!
Grizzly Peak and Skyline are awesome roads. Such a huge variation of rides out there. I recall taking some road off of highway 9 or the 236, I want to say it was China Grade Road? I was following my buddy in his M5 in the middle of the night and the road was so rough and the pot holes so deep I could see his headlights dip down to the ground then point to the tops of the trees as he drove through them. Still surprised my fork seals survived that road haha.

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Grizzly Peak and Skyline are awesome roads. Such a huge variation of rides out there. I recall taking some road off of highway 9 or the 236, I want to say it was China Grade Road? I was following my buddy in his M5 in the middle of the night and the road was so rough and the pot holes so deep I could see his headlights dip down to the ground then point to the tops of the trees as he drove through them. Still surprised my fork seals survived that road haha.
Man that sounds terrifying!
And in the night?
Heck no ! Not me.
Lol
You are way more brave than I am!
Forget your fork seals, I think you might be lucky to have survived it.
Ok, no more of those type rides.
Deal?

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Deal. Sometimes I wonder if I should be riding a supermoto instead of a super bike.
Hahah ah man!
All my friends who do?
ALL try to convince me to convert one of my dirt bikes to supermoto.
They swear it’s the most fun.
It sure looks it !
Too bad I had to just spend the last year rebuilding my 2021 YZ450fx only to sell it.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Motocross

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2017 CBR1000RA ABS/OEM QS
56 Posts
CES, your bike looks sweet bro!

You put a lot of MOD goodies on it! Lol
I am all about modifying things as well!
I noticed how particular you are about the color theme on your bike. I am as well and I did not like how anodized aluminum looks with certain colors, specifically red. I bought the 2017 CBR100RR Fairing Kit and Windshield Kit from Pro-Bolt and It almost looks a dull pink or dull scarlet not like a bright red, so I returned everything back to Pro-Bolt.

So I bought a dual voltage powder coat system from Eastwood and I bought 1lb of Honda Tahitian Red and 1lb of Gloss Black and I'm gonna go through my bike screw by screw to get it the way I want! Prismatic Powders is the best quality powder coating and the same company that makes Cera-Coat under the NIC Industries umbrella. You can go on their site and search Honda power sports and they color match exactly to the manufacturers colors.
Something to think about if your like me and want a very specific look that you can't get from buying bolts.

I'm thinking about getting a 525 Vortex Black 43 tooth Steel Sprocket and a EK Z3D Black and Gold Chain to get rid of the mill finish and have black. I wanted to get black titanium sprocket studs with black titanium nylock nuts to replace the stock mill finish ones. Did you do that also on your bike? Would you happen to have the part numbers? They should fit my bike, it's a 2017 CBR1000RR ABS Matte Ballistic Black Metallic.

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
CES, your bike looks sweet bro!

You put a lot of MOD goodies on it! Lol
I am all about modifying things as well!
I noticed how particular you are about the color theme on your bike. I am as well and I did not like how anodized aluminum looks with certain colors, specifically red. I bought the 2017 CBR100RR Fairing Kit and Windshield Kit from Pro-Bolt and It almost looks a dull pink or dull scarlet not like a bright red, so I returned everything back to Pro-Bolt.

So I bought a dual voltage powder coat system from Eastwood and I bought 1lb of Honda Tahitian Red and 1lb of Gloss Black and I'm gonna go through my bike screw by screw to get it the way I want! Prismatic Powders is the best quality powder coating and the same company that makes Cera-Coat under the NIC Industries umbrella. You can go on their site and search Honda power sports and they color match exactly to the manufacturers colors.
Something to think about if your like me and want a very specific look that you can't get from buying bolts.

I'm thinking about getting a 525 Vortex Black 43 tooth Steel Sprocket and a EK Z3D Black and Gold Chain to get rid of the mill finish and have black. I wanted to get black titanium sprocket studs with black titanium nylock nuts to replace the stock mill finish ones. Did you do that also on your bike? Would you happen to have the part numbers? They should fit my bike, it's a 2017 CBR1000RR ABS Matte Ballistic Black Metallic.
Hey I hear that loud and clear.
I got so serious about motorcycle hardware, I resourced my own anodized T5-T7 grade titanium for my bikes. Obsessed !

for my CBR I kept it simple and went to RaceTech for my titanium hardware.
A total of 27 pieces at this time are on my SC77.
I have titanium sprocket hardware, brake rotor hardware and rear axle nut so far. Plus 4 of my own brand blue ano titanium banjo bolts.
and one double banjo from Galfer

I can share any of that info you might need.
RaceTech didn’t have any colors, FYI.

All the fairing and body hardware you see on my bike is anodized blue aluminum. I actually bought an affordable kit from Amazon and I’m very surprised how well it’s worked, so far.

The sprocket was one of the only ones available anywhere
SuperSprox. Resourced and ordered by my local Honda dealership parts department. I can get the part number for you.
I normally resource all of my own parts. And I did find a gold anodized RENTHAL that fits our bike.
If you want either of those part #’s, just let me know.
FYI I have every part number on my bike. The one or two that I don’t, I can get.
one phone call away…

here’s a pic from earlier today of the constantly changing CBR…
Maybe we should call her The Chameleon
🦎 🦎 🦎
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
A1 SuperMod!
1,081 Posts
One aspect of Galfer rotors I did not realize when I purchased was the fact they rust from moisture. Prominent surface rust if you live in a humid area. It's apparently normal due to the high carbon content, but for the price of wave rotors I expected more.

I've also had issues with the ABS fittings rusting back when I had the Galfer ABS kit on my bike, because they are zinc plated steel. I've also noticed Galfer banjos tarnishing over time as well with small rust spots. It's obvious to me that their fittings are far from corrosion proof as I had assumed.

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
One aspect of Galfer rotors I did not realize when I purchased was the fact they rust from moisture. Prominent surface rust if you live in a humid area. It's apparently normal due to the high carbon content, but for the price of wave rotors I expected more.

I've also had issues with the ABS fittings rusting back when I had the Galfer ABS kit on my bike, because they are zinc plated steel. I've also noticed Galfer banjos tarnishing over time as well with small rust spots. It's obvious to me that their fittings are far from corrosion proof as I had assumed.
Oh man that’s terrible.
I would be super bummed.
Have you come with any remedy for it?

In this aspect I might be fortunate to live in a super hot and super dry climate. It usually kills me… but hopefully not my brakes.
I do crazy things like surround my bikes with silica gel packs. I also do my best to keep my garage climate controlled. I will make a conscious effort every day to keep the temperature and moisture/humidity around my bikes under control. Best I can. Little stuff like that can go a long way.
It’s the blessing and the curse of having terrible OCD. As I do…
I mean, car parts, bike parts; they are designed to exist in, and perform in harsh conditions. Like daily commutes in different seasons, all around the world, and race tracks for God’s sake! You’re really making me think with that one!
WOW!

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Another day, another part.
Today was Pro Bolt USA’s turn.
Their blue anodized titanium hardware appears to be extremely high quality.
I’m very pleased with it.
Here’s some detail pics and some full body shots showing the bike as she sits today.
With lots of new changes.
“I’m going through changes”
~Black Sabbath

Wheel Crankset Automotive tire Vehicle brake Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Crankset Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Wheel Vehicle

61 - 72 of 72 Posts