Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sorry for the delayed response. Most places are letting them go for right about $12,500 OTD, which aligns with "quickhondaz" response. I personally think that @ $12,500 it is a phenomenal deal for the performance and the technology. I got OTD ~$11000 cash with no trade.
yep. great deal. this is why patience is a virtue...

·
Registered
2018 CBR1000RR, 2021 Ducati SF V4S
34 Posts
Can't wait for the snow to melt and I can ride this thing! I was patient when I didn't have it, but now it's killing me just sitting there!!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
503... We are up to about 70" of snow so far this Winter. But I still get out for a short ride between storms. But it's a dry Winter here in Northern Arizona. Spring will be here soon....but it's hard to wait.

Q....well, I guess when you are 48 you start to feel old, but you're not really. Just keep those young guys on their toes....you might surprise them. I'm 71 and make them hustle to keep up.... :p

·
Registered
34 Posts
503... We are up to about 70" of snow so far this Winter. But I still get out for a short ride between storms. But it's a dry Winter here in Northern Arizona. Spring will be here soon....but it's hard to wait.

Q....well, I guess when you are 48 you start to feel old, but you're not really. Just keep those young guys on their toes....you might surprise them. I'm 71 and make them hustle to keep up.... :p
View attachment 261824
That's great!! I look forward to riding as long as I can walk!! The problem with the snow here in Portland Oregon is that we don't have any infrastructure to deal with it, so the roads are terrible. typically it will melt to slush then refreeze, then snow, then sleet... it's awful!

I'm one year behind Q, I turn 47 in a month, but I've been riding since I was 15 on the road, my first real possession in life was a used 1988 Yamaha FZ600 - I rode that bike year round for 3 years, I washed cars at the dealership near my house for over a year and gave the money to my dad to go get it for me. Fortunately he and my mother never gave me any grief, matter of fact at one point that when I was about 6 the only vehicle we had in the family was an old Yamaha 650 and I remember sitting between my parents riding to the store, and up over the freeway bridges.... good memories!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hey Q....at least you don't have to worry about snow. Winters are probably great for riding....but I don't know how you survive the humidity in the Summer???

503...Bummer on the ice and freezing rain. You get a lot more moisture there than we do. We get a lot of snow at 7,000 feet in Flagstaff, but it snows, they clear the roads the sun comes out and they are dry the next day. Plus we have big swings in temps with little humidity. It can be 10 degrees in the morning and 50 in the afternoon.
I like your history with bikes. In 1974 my first road bike was a 650 Yamaha and I only owned a bike for 6 years. You learn how to do everything on a motorcycle. Of course I was in SoCal then so it wasn't a big problem.

I hope you guys really enjoy your 2018 Fireblades. They should be great bikes and maybe I'll make that jump someday too.

Bu the way, my name is Gary....:cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Q....at least you don't have to worry about snow. Winters are probably great for riding....but I don't know how you survive the humidity in the Summer???

503...Bummer on the ice and freezing rain. You get a lot more moisture there than we do. We get a lot of snow at 7,000 feet in Flagstaff, but it snows, they clear the roads the sun comes out and they are dry the next day. Plus we have big swings in temps with little humidity. It can be 10 degrees in the morning and 50 in the afternoon.
I like your history with bikes. In 1974 my first road bike was a 650 Yamaha and I only owned a bike for 6 years. You learn how to do everything on a motorcycle. Of course I was in SoCal then so it wasn't a big problem.

I hope you guys really enjoy your 2018 Fireblades. They should be great bikes and maybe I'll make that jump someday too.

Bu the way, my name is Gary....:cool:
Great to meet you Gary, I'm Ashley!
'74.. the year of my birth :-D
Haven't been to flagstaff in a long time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
well, hello Ashley and Gary. I'm Dennis.
the humidity isn't so bad once you get used to it here. I'd much rather it be hot than cold. I grew up an hour north of here in south Georgia, so I'm accustomed to it. the big problem around here is that, right now, I think some of Ohio's weather has gotten drunk and stumbled down here. It has too cold to ride and it makes no sense for me to buy cold weather gear when it won't get used much.
I did ride to work back in December thinking "it isn't that cold out. it's only 41 degrees. I can just dress a little warmer"
well, that worked out ok except the fact that I only have warm weather gloves and I almost couldn't move my hands by the time I made that 36 mile trip to work. You guys in those "snowy" states are built different than us Floridians. we see snow and we're like "cool, now let's go back inside"... You guys are like "only 2 feet of snow? Guess I'll put on my socks for a ride today".... :cool:

·
Registered
611 Posts
You're a funny one Dennis!
I did grow up back East and do know humidity. When I was 24 I moved to the Southwest and could never go back.
At one point I only had a motorcycle and rode in all types of weather. Rode for days in the rain on coast to coast trips and even in a snow storm. But I'm only a fair weather rider now.
We average over 100 inches of snow annually in Flagstaff.

But my dog loves it...

Be safe on that new Hot Rod you got!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I've ridden in all sorts of weather, myself. I just prefer NOT to have to thaw out after a ride. I couldn't tell you how many times I've ridden to work with the weather report saying "sunny with 0% chance of rain" only to have to drop my phone in a Ziploc bag in my backpack to ride home. Not too long ago, I got caught in a downpour that was so heavy, the cars I was passing were having a hard time seeing where they were going. I just passed, they would look and see a sport bike going by and their eyes would get really big as if to say "dang dude, you're absolutely crazy for riding in this kind of weather"

but I have some stuff I keep to repel the rain better than rain-x. So I have no problem seeing in the rain. Now that cold stuff, yeah I'm not a big fan at all. My father did the Iron Butt challenge a few years back on his 2005 Kawasaki ZRX 1200 where he rode from Pavo, Ga. out to L.A. and back in about 5-6 days. Of course he had a lot of buddys to ride with along the way, so it wasn't just him. Some would meet up and ride a bit with him then peel off and go back home.
Of course my father was a Kawasaki guy and made absolute fun of my first sport bike (07 cbr 600) He hated Honda all around. the bikes and the cars... which is odd because I am a Honda car technician and I have a Honda sport bike. Well, he is probably in heaven shaking his head wondering why I love Honda so much...

·
Registered
611 Posts
Yep, crazy weather is no fun on a bike. I don't have to ride when it's bad weather, so I don't. You have a lot more rain in Florida than we do in Arizona.
Maybe your Dad will be a Honda convert when he sees you on that new Fireblade! He'll be watching you know. Sounds like he was a great Dad.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good to meet you Dennis!
I have great waterproof riding gear, so I stay dry, it's the cold that gets me! I do NOT like to be cold. I've never had a bike with heated grips so that means the gloves get thicker to keep the digits warm, and then you have no feel for the bike and levers... what's the new term..first world problems??? haha!

As a side note! I actually bought the blade as my "sport touring" bike!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
awesome pics.
thank you sir. Took that pic the first day I had her. She was delivered to me at work so I figured she should share a pic with my work space. Now that pic is my new screensaver on my main laptop. Marc Marquez, of course, graces my other laptop.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Good to see more and more people getting on board these 2017-2019 CBR's:). I picked mine up back in August and so far it's been great! Thankfully the riding season is all year round where I am in San Diego, but if I went to see some snow it's not far away. I feel bad for you guys that can't ride right now. Just hold on a little longer!
By the way I am 26 years old, name is Patrick. I think I am the youngest 17-19 CBR owner on here:LOL:.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good to see more and more people getting on board these 2017-2019 CBR's:). I picked mine up back in August and so far it's been great! Thankfully the riding season is all year round where I am in San Diego, but if I went to see some snow it's not far away. I feel bad for you guys that can't ride right now. Just hold on a little longer!
By the way I am 26 years old, name is Patrick. I think I am the youngest 17-19 CBR owner on here:LOL:.
View attachment 261917
Welcome and great to meet you Patrick!
I'll be riding mine down there this summer, planning on a ~6K mile trip.. For work pre-covid I traveled internationally every other week for the last 10+ years, I've never looked at the same wall so long in my life, so as soon as weather permits I'm going to be riding non-stop!

BTW: Great looking bike! :)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts