Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thanks for listening. Have a major prob with my bike. 2015 1000rr. 2 brothers slip on, O2 delete, intake flap mod, PC5 mapped to mods. Bike would surge after two bro’s slip on and O2 delete. Also noticed sitting on bike. Right outside header wasn’t as hot as other 3. Maybe fouled plug, bad injector... installed PC 5 and replaced plug and instant idle at 1100-1200 rpm with no surging. Rode around neighborhood to see if it would pull from an idle... it did easily. Before i had to rev bike to even launch because of the miss. Rode today thinking everything was fixed but after about 15 miles it started again. Idle fluctuations between 900-1300. Pops through exhaust some. Sure the plug is fouled.... but why? Original had some oil on the threads when taken out but i did spray some wd40 to loosen the boot. Bike has 2100 and when purchased had 1400 used from dealership. No visible smoke, knock, ticks. Feels like running on 3 cylinders. And yes everything was put back together and checked at least 3 times. Anyone have any insight to what it could be? Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Can you take the PC5 out and return to stock i.e. original O2 sensor back in temporarily in order to see if it maybe a after mod issue?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
surging idle and miss was after slip on with O2 sensor still intact. O2 delete surge and miss was still there. PC 5 and plug replace instant fix until rode hard for about 15 miles then same symptoms. Something is making that same cylinder miss. With only 2100 miles i shouldn’t be having this prob. Valve seal or rings? Surely not. Only one cylinder.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Might have to put it on diagnostic I'd say mate to find out what exactly is going on there. Did the original exhaust have a exhaust valve connected?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes i disconnected it. The servo is still there but no cables. No engine codes. Do you think maybe it’s a fuel pump prob. Bikes cranks and revs fine when cold but as it warms up the problems return

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hard to say mate, plenty of blokes on here with more experience than me, hopefully someone can offer a bit more advice than I can give. Diagnostic maybe you're best best, check all connections as well won't hurt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts