Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here but I'm an old CBR fan. My knowledge is focused on the 929, 954 and 04-07 1000 models. I'm looking to share what I've learned to help others.

·
a d m i n
151,039 Posts
New here but I'm an old CBR fan. My knowledge is focused on the 929, 954 and 04-07 1000 models. I'm looking to share what I've learned to help others.
Welcome Dave! There are loads of people here wt those models, so we certainly appreciate your presence. :cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome Dave , I'm stuck in the past too , but I'm trying to keep up with these new bikes, perhaps I'm too old:confused:

·
a d m i n
151,039 Posts
I had a new ‘01 929. Always thought the 954 was a beast, though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still have my 954 I bought from the dealership. I ride it when I want to ride like a maniac. It has nearly 50k miles now. Front wheel has about 40k...

Cherub I know how you feel...I was trying to loose body fat and lighten the 954 to keep up with the young guys on the new models. It seemed futile. That's when I bought the 05 and went turbo.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes like em both ,got rid of the 954 and kept the 929 but at nearly 70 I'm getting out of practice:cry:

·
BOTM Moderator
242 Posts
Welcome and Awesome!

we already have a few threads with people asking for advice. feel free to jump in.

·
a d m i n
151,039 Posts
What kinda powar are you putting down with that turbo, Dave?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
326 hp @ 15psi was the highest recorded on a dyno. I posted the graph in Dyno Data. I've since ran 18.5psi which should be an extra 40 or so hp but it started stretching the stock head bolts. This was all done on stock rods and pistons!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh it's unbelievable. It feels like unlimited horsepower. Above 7000rpm is insane. When you snap open the throttle below 5000 rpm you have a stock 1000cc n/a bike...then at 6000-7000rpm it transforms into a beast and you feel it squat and pull like no other. The front wheel gets light and the handlebars feel like they are going to snap off.

·
BOTM Moderator
242 Posts
This setup is for drag racing only, right?
I don't see how you'd play with that on the street.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You have to know how to control it but it isn't uncontrollable. I never got to really see what kind of 1/4 mile time I could get because my swingarm is too short (12" over currently). It would wheelie and I kept turning the power down in 1st - 3rd. The best I did was 8.96 @ 158mph with with a weak start and the stock clutch exploding 100 feet before the finish line. I've been meaning to go back when I get it setup better but its a street bike primarily. I'm thinking of a second build for the track only. Sorry I don't have a video.

·
a d m i n
151,039 Posts
I was just curious, I don’t know anything about dragracing.

it sounds like a lot of fun for the street! You should make a video of riding that beast.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts