Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
n00b
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm a new member here, just picked up '08 1000RR TODAY!. My previous bike (08 600RR Graffiti edition) was stolen a month ago and I just picked up this red beauty to replace her.

So now, I need your help in recommending places that could give me deals on a few things.

Vendors feel free to chime in.

Parts list:

R&G Tidy kit w/taillights
HID kit (I'm not sure what size to get)
Taylor Made exhaust w/Power Commander
Suomy Spec 1R Extreme Cathedral (Med.)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Welcome,
contact Brad or Mary at Superbike Supply. They are site sponsors and give good deals.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welcome and nice bike, but you should have got the silver and black one cuz everyone knows it is faster!!! Put the z-bomb on your bike, you will notice a big difference for 140.00 dollars. Talk to Brad at Superbike supply, he can help you with everything. Your bike is amazing stock, enjoy!

Mike

·
Premium Noob
1,414 Posts
Welcome and +1000 on Superbike Supply.:thumbsup:

·
n00b
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All: thanks for the tips.

One thing I noticed, she is a scalpel on the turns. Way more fluid and responsive than my 600RR. Do the 1kRRs come with HESD? I also noticed that the turning is a bit more loose than my 600RR. (especially at a stop or low speed)

·
Registered
331 Posts
i dont think this site allows to link anything but superbike supply but i would say ddm tuning for the HID kit, theyre cheap and work great.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Welcome and nice bike, but you should have got the silver and black one cuz everyone knows it is faster!!! Put the z-bomb on your bike, you will notice a big difference for 140.00 dollars. Talk to Brad at Superbike supply, he can help you with everything. Your bike is amazing stock, enjoy!

Mike
sweet, i chose wisely then :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
Welcome and nice ride. I always partial to the red/black. And if I could have found a killer deal for it, I would have gotten it over the red/silver. Red is faster though. Good find. And yes, it is a scalpel. Handles way better than my 600RR.

·
~~~~~~~~~~~
4,957 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new ride. :thumbsup:

Do the 1kRRs come with HESD?
Yes, from '04 on. For the '08-'09 redesign, Honda put the HESD under the tank shelter. Look at the front left of the tank shelter there is a bump. If you turn your clip-ons to the right you will see where the HESD attaches to the top triple clamp.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.