Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
853 Posts
If you have never removed the fairings on an 05 and have any questions I'll try to help. The hardest part to deal with is the rear fairing behind the seat. You practically have to break it in half to stretch it over the frame. . .
Leave the bike in the sun for a while, or run a hair dryer over the rear end. When the plastic's softer it helps removal.(y)

. . . I just placed the order with Auctmarts and they gave me free shipping with the warning that it will take around 2 months to arrive via the passage of a Chinese sea-fairing vessel. :ROFLMAO:
And just so you know, all Chinese fairings are waterproof!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I've been on this site and a few others for several years. Never come across anyone who gets "deals" on Honda parts. Best bet is partzilla, motorsportsdiscount, or similar like all the rest of us go to
I figured as much but never hurts to ask. Like I mentioned earlier, was able to source out the major items for less than $600 so I think I’m going to go that route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have looked into aftermarket fairings (for my 2005 CBR) and here's the list I'm exploring and they are not my endorsements:

I think OEM will be easily $1,000 and above.
Auctmarts will change colors to anything you want on any part of the set you want at no extra charge. I had them do that and I was impressed.

·
Registered
492 Posts
AuctMarts Fairings arrived (after more than 2 months)
Ordered my fairings from AuctMarts in early Sept and I have just received it because I chose to use their Free Shipping (surface mail).

After I opened the large box, I am quite pleased with the workmanship of the painting and the beautiful metallic HRC-like paint.
Somethings that were originally promised were missing though:
  • complete set of fairings bolts
  • free smoke windshield

Must be the COVID confusions. I'll give them grace for that one although it was a let down as a first time customer.

Will be installing the fairings this weekend or next week. Will update this thread with pictures once it's done/

·
Registered
492 Posts
Here are the initial results ...

·
BOTM Moderator
296 Posts
Wow.. looks great. these Auctmarts fairings look sharp.

I'm now itching to get a few different dresses for the old girl.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Wow.. looks great. these Auctmarts fairings look sharp.

I'm now itching to get a few different dresses for the old girl.
Yes, it may be worthier for consideration; especially, if the existing fairings are damaged, like mine.
AuctMarts can do custom work as well; or you may use their models in their website and delete or add decals all you want.

·
Can't Spell
391 Posts
Sweet.

Reactions: artthury

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hey Art....looks GREAT!!! I've considered that scheme myself. Too bad about the bolts and windscreen. They came with my last set. They will probably send them if you let them know.
Now don't crash for a while....:p

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hey Art....looks GREAT!!! I've considered that scheme myself. Too bad about the bolts and windscreen. They came with my last set. They will probably send them if you let them know.
Now don't crash for a while....:p
View attachment 261130
Thanks, I love the Red/White/Blue HRC colors.

AuctMarts said they will send me the missing items when they arrive.

Fingers crossed about not crashing it. Actually, they weren't crashes, really.

Previously, I had the bad habit of sticking out my legs far too late when I come to a STOP sign or red light. That was how I dropped it. Stupid but true.
These days, I have learned to get my legs ready earlier, knowing how top heavy this bike is compared to my previous Ninja250 and my new SC77 CBR. You look like a tall guy, so you probably will not feel this issue as much as me (I'm only 5' 8").

To alleviate the top-heaviness, I have also done the following:
  • replaced the battery with a lithium one (which is like 1/4th the weight)
  • took out the passenger pegs
  • lowered the rear wheel a little by going with the OEM specs tire (190/50), previous owner installed 190/55.
Bit by bit, I think the bike is less top heavy (and lower) and I'm more experienced with it. The odds of not dropping it is improving, I hope.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Actually I'm 5'7" so I know the situation of not being able to touch both feet down. My legs are pretty short too. But I've been riding almost 50 years, so I've adapted to the situation. You just have to think ahead when stopping or parking the bike. Always make sure that kick stand is fully down when you get off too.
Tri-color forever!!!! :cool:

41 - 51 of 51 Posts