Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got an 08 with nothing done to it at all. so im not planning on racing or stunting or any of that but i want to do a few simple mods. i want an exhaust and intake( the two thins everyone does to there bike) and thats about it.. but i dont like the footpeg position of the exhausts. are there any at all that come out under the rear fender? if so i cant find one.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Welcome,

You are correct there are no under tail exhaust sytem for the 08 I am sure you could have one custom fabricated but you would have to worry about all the heat shielding and space issues plus you would be adding alot of weight back onto the motorcycle!!

Rear sets there are plenty available do a search Sato, Gilles, Woodcraft, just a few that come to mind...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome,

You are correct there are no under tail exhaust sytem for the 08 I am sure you could have one custom fabricated but you would have to worry about all the heat shielding and space issues plus you would be adding alot of weight back onto the motorcycle!!

Rear sets there are plenty available do a search Sato, Gilles, Woodcraft, just a few that come to mind...
thanks man also, what would be a good exhaust to go with. i can custom fab it myself but i need something with exhaust tone as well as performance

·
Mr. Bish
32,613 Posts
Just curious... if you're not into racing or stunting, what does performance have to do with anything???

I mean... why don't you just buy something based on the looks? Some of the best looking systems (ie... Taylormade) don't perform very well but look damn good @ Starbux.

Just curious.

Welcome.

·
Registered
334 Posts
are there any at all that come out under the rear fender?
No, thats why I bought the previous model, just love the underseat look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just curious... if you're not into racing or stunting, what does performance have to do with anything???

I mean... why don't you just buy something based on the looks? Some of the best looking systems (ie... Taylormade) don't perform very well but look damn good @ Starbux.

Just curious.

Welcome.
well see. even though performance isnt my main thing i do want the bang for my buck. look isnt everything. i have a harley for that

·
Mr. Bish
32,613 Posts
well see. even though performance isnt my main thing i do want the bang for my buck. look isnt everything. i have a harley for that
Well, I'd still recommend you flipping through a mag and finding the pipe you like the looks of best. It's not like you're gonna miss the 3-10HP that a inferior pipe is gonna give you.

Taylormade looks very nice. It fits well and performs decent. IMO it's the best looking (aside from the fact that I really REALLY like Arrow).

As far as other mods: Gilles VCR rearsets are the best looking. powdercoated wheels will surely set you apart @ bike night. Slap a couple stickers on that bish and call it a day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts