Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CBR1000rr
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble with my 08 cbr1000rr, last night it ran fine then this morning I went to warm the bike up to take it to work and when i turned the key the fuel pump did not prime and the brights indicator was on the cluster but the headlights were not on. I was wondering what it could be

My 2008 CBR1000RR was running perfectly last night and when I went to warm the bike up this morning the fuel pump wouldn't prime and the brights indicator was on the cluster but the headlights aren't on and the fuel pump isn't priming. This has happened before but I wiggled the cluster of wires coming from the brights switch and turned the key back on and it worked but this time it isn't, just trying to find a solution as I leave for a Motorcycle trip in 2 days. any and all help would be very appreciated

·
Premium Member
2018 CBR 1000 SP1
82 Posts
Some things to check would be a short in the turn signal/high beam housing on the left handle bar. Also might want to check the head light relay in the nose of the bike. For a quick fix to get it started now, you might be able to "reset" the issue by removing both head light bulbs and try starting the bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
so i am having trouble with my 08 cbr1000rr, last night it ran fine then this morning I went to warm the bike up to take it to work and when i turned the key the fuel pump did not prime and the brights indicator was on the cluster but the headlights were not on. I was wondering what it could be

My 2008 CBR1000RR was running perfectly last night and when I went to warm the bike up this morning the fuel pump wouldn't prime and the brights indicator was on the cluster but the headlights aren't on and the fuel pump isn't priming. This has happened before but I wiggled the cluster of wires coming from the brights switch and turned the key back on and it worked but this time it isn't, just trying to find a solution as I leave for a Motorcycle trip in 2 days. any and all help would be very appreciated
did you find out what was going on with your bike?

·
Registered
2008 CBR1000rr
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes i did there is a loose connection in the main harness that connects on the left side of the bike. i disconnected then reconnected and its working perfect now besides the fact a valve broke

·
Registered
2008 CBR1000rr
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey everyone i have a 2008 CBR1000RR SC59 that a intake valve just broke. since the bike has over 24k miles and the motor will be out anyway I want to go through it and replace bearings, cam chain and so on but I'm trying to see if I can find which bearing color I need. I do know there is a way to do that through the vin on the engine cases but I don't know exactly how to decode it that way. any tips would be much appreciated

·
A1 SuperMod!
1,029 Posts
Hey everyone i have a 2008 CBR1000RR SC59 that a intake valve just broke. since the bike has over 24k miles and the motor will be out anyway I want to go through it and replace bearings, cam chain and so on but I'm trying to see if I can find which bearing color I need. I do know there is a way to do that through the vin on the engine cases but I don't know exactly how to decode it that way. any tips would be much appreciated
Main bearing selection is based on letter codes stamped on the crankshaft and crankcase. You will not be able to read them without taking the motor apart because it's printed inside the engine. Same concept for the connecting rods.

There's a chart in the service manual that tells you what size is needed.

Also, the bearing chosen based on letter codes should always be verified with Plasti-gauge before final assembly.

·
Registered
2008 CBR1000rr
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Main bearing selection is based on letter codes stamped on the crankshaft and crankcase. You will not be able to read them without taking the motor apart because it's printed inside the engine. Same concept for the connecting rods.

There's a chart in the service manual that tells you what size is needed.

Also, the bearing chosen based on letter codes should always be verified with Plasti-gauge before final assembly.
ok I bought a Honda Service manual and have been reading through the PDF one and found the page. Hopefully will have the bike torn down in the next couple days and will be able to measure which bearings I will need

1 - 8 of 8 Posts