Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello 1000RR folks, newbie here! I just brought home a new leftover 2018 SP for my 50th birthday present and looking forward to being a part of this community.

Here's a couple pics of the new toy. :smile:

·
Stand your ground
1,100 Posts
Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum! Oh and happy birthday.

·
FEB 2016 BOTM
2,074 Posts
Welcome. Quite a fleet you have in your stable. Will get a Goldwing one of these days.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Happy birfday, and congrats!

Dealer near me in NYC selling a new ‘18 SP for dealer cost, if anyone is interested..
Thanks JD, they have them discounted out here too, this one was a new leftover for $16k.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congrats. I did not wait for 50. Got it past birthday-November, my 49th! :laugh2:
Wonder what my 50 will be...:grin2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats on the bike.
I have the 2017 model and the wheelie control is tied to the traction control. Did they change that for your model?

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Congrats on the bike.
I have the 2017 model and the wheelie control is tied to the traction control. Did they change that for your model?
Teh WC menu being exposed via the dash is only a feature of the 2019 bike.

BTW, while your bike has been Woolich flashed your Torque Management has been broken the entire time if you had your emissions equipment disabled.

·
Registered
12 Posts
BTW, while your bike has been Woolich flashed your Torque Management has been broken the entire time if you had your emissions equipment disabled.
I've read this on some other forum today, probably it was you who posted, I just sent a email to Woolich about this. Have they fixed it?

Also, when I was testing it this year I noticed setting Wheelie Control was kicking in even when set to 0. (this is probably related to they bug). I emailed them and they said they are not sure and suggested put 0 in ALL the TC maps, which there are 4 of. But the bike has 9 TC settings, I also asked them about this and they said they aren't entirely sure about how TC works. I reverted back to stock and just disabled TC if I wanted wheelies.

However I did notice traction control was working. I was riding in the wet and the bike stopped the rear from spinning, however no light. So? Its sorta working?

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
I've read this on some other forum today, probably it was you who posted, I just sent a email to Woolich about this. Have they fixed it?

Also, when I was testing it this year I noticed setting Wheelie Control was kicking in even when set to 0. (this is probably related to they bug). I emailed them and they said they are not sure and suggested put 0 in ALL the TC maps, which there are 4 of. But the bike has 9 TC settings, I also asked them about this and they said they aren't entirely sure about how TC works. I reverted back to stock and just disabled TC if I wanted wheelies.

However I did notice traction control was working. I was riding in the wet and the bike stopped the rear from spinning, however no light. So? Its sorta working?
Torque Management is only broken if you disable the O2 sensor. So if you still had the O2 sensor enabled then you did have functioning Torque Management. As soon as you disabled the O2 sensor is when you would have began to see the Torque Management fail.

However, if the light did not flash then TC did not intervene. We have never seen TM intervene without a light.

I am waiting for them to let us know that we can test for the SP2. Last Thursday (a week ago) they let me know that the code for the base bike is fixed.

We have not tested a base bike yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats on the bike.
Thanks Raptor, I'm not 100% sure, it's been rain or snow every day but 1 since I brought her home, can't wait to ride! :serious:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts