Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called in sick(of work) and ran two tanks of gas through the bug smasher today. Found some beautiful spots and took a couple pics. Thats not much of a dam but it was fun ride getting there.

Attachments

·
Stand your ground
1,102 Posts
That is a damn good looking bike. BTW you got my vote for BOTM.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks fellas! I just picked up the aluminum chain guard from my powdercoat(clear) guy so I can take pics of the other side too soon. It sure was a beautiful day for a ride. Headed to Lacrosse WI area in a couple weeks so Im trying to get my butt ready for some miles.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chainguard and chicken strips. Heres a couple pics of the chainguard, that plastic guard really bothered me for whatever reason. I had my buddy shoot it with clear powdercoat which I just found out was a thing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Black plastic bothered you but the swing arm warning stickers don’t lol? Those are the first to go on my bikes. I do like the chain guard. Where did you get it from?

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess I am de-sensitized on this bike because of the goofy vin placement. It really never bothered me and Im still indifferent about them, although I like them less now that you brought it to my attention. After looking at them again they are pretty useless but I do like having the chain slack number right there. If you are dying to know I can PM you but the guy is a jerk and I dont want to give him any more business. I was going to post in good/bad guy section even. On top of main issue, it didnt fit well and I had to make the holes a bit bigger and bend one of the tabs a bit to get it on.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like Chinese eBay item I looked at. Am I correct? Are you happy with it?
Not from ebay and "On top of main issue, it didnt fit well and I had to make the holes a bit bigger and bend one of the tabs a bit to get it on." He did a good job adding the repsol logo is all I can give credit for really

1 - 9 of 9 Posts