Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bike belongs to a guy on one of the other forums. Here are his comments on it:

"I had this project in mind before the CBR1000RR was even released. I took some good pictures of Nicky's bike in Daytona and had the decals made to match. Then had a paint shop match the colors. The background color was the hardest because it looks black at most angles but under the right light, it has some blue sparkle to it. We added some blue tinted pearl to the gloss black and it was a perfect match. Three coats (12 mils) of clear with wet sanding between coats gave it the final smooth finish and deep gloss.

What's fun is to ride through a Honda dealership without stopping and watch everyone try to figure out what just went by:)"

I bet it took some crazy time/money, but it's definitely a real head-turner.

·
Serial Killer
2,058 Posts
I'm not a fan of the Repsol paint scheme. Great that the guy did it, and I bet it turns some heads, but I'm just not a big fan of the colors (I think its the orange rims thats killin' it for me)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looks great, but for that money I'd have got a full system and some other mods.

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
ok dont flame me guys.....

but i like it and i dont

the repsol scheme is cool

but this is not done right........I am hugh fan of Gp racing, have been for years

I kinda notice that that paint job is not quite right

The font on the repsol,the angle/size of the white stripe,the area covered by orange, and the area covered by the red are off

I dont mean to be an ass about this but damn it is bugging me

heres a pic of nick ....just look back and forth and you'll see it

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is a picture of an 02 RCV. Do you have a picture of the current one, or even last seasons bike. It would make for a better comparison.

You are all right about the repsol logo. I'd be furious if i spent all that cash on what is otherwise a cool paint job. For the record the orange wheels rock in my opinion.

Best way to fix the logo is to completely respray the bike with the Telefonica Movistar paint job....thats a replica that would tighten my pants!!!! :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.