Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is unconstitutional but I have a 2009 1000rr motor out of my old bike and it’s going into a utv. For some reason I can’t get spark nor fuel pump to run. I’ve read about a hundred threads on this and have come across a bunch of info the only problem is it’s not in the bike so idk if there’s something I’m not bypassing or if the sub harness needs to be plugged in which I don’t have. But I’m basically burned out on trying what I know. Any info is much appreciated

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
If it was the same problem on a bike I would say to check the sidestand switch or the bank angle sensor for proper orientation. Those two things might have to be bypassed anyway for it to work with your application. Other than that, look through the factory service manual in the troubleshooting section and the wiring diagrams and see if you come up with any ideas.

08-14 Service Manual

BTW, welcome aboard. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Agree with above. BAS, Sidestand switch, engine start/stop switch. Assuming you've already checked engine stop relay and fuel pump relay already plus relevant fuses.
Not 100% sure how the HISS works but I would have thought the subharness would've been required to link the BAS and HISS to the ECU. What method have you used to bypass the BAS? Have you disassembled the ignition at all?? I believe the outer collar has a transponder in it which needs to be in close proximity to allow the HISS to function .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts