Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a cbr1000rr 2008
I've had it off the road for 3 years never had a problem before now it starts cold runs lovely quick reaction to throttle battery charging as it should all seems fine fans come on fine gets to heat fine I ride it but if I turn it off it won't start or really struggles to until battery dies anyone have any ideas ???? Does the stator have any effect I've checked fuel lines I've heard that the kill switch is big issue on these
I have a 2018 that had this same issue…stop using the kill switch to turn the bike off and only use the key to shut it off. For some reason it drains the battery when using the kill switch. Let me knowif this works for you as it did for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've never used the kill switch I think I may have to take it to get looked at as it's fine from cold but il get stranded if I trust it 🤣🤦🤷‍♂️
When you have the bike on does your dash show the voltage reading? Mine is around 14v when turned on. I would assume the stator is fine if it jumps to 14v but if you take it in let me know what they find out bc they’ve never been able to figure mine out and I just chance riding it and getting stranded 😂🤣

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a 2018 that had this same issue…stop using the kill switch to turn the bike off and only use the key to shut it off. For some reason it drains the battery when using the kill switch. Let me knowif this works for you as it did for me.
Mine was a 13 and i had the opposite problem(I think). I have a post on here back a while ago.. It was a very rare occurrence so I never took it in. I know the mechanics would be telling me there is no problem. I never got it to not start after I started using the kill switch to turn the bike off though. I recently sold the bike so..... Good luck to you guys.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bro tell me…mine does the exact same thing, it’s embarrassing. You would think they’d have it all figured out 😅….cold start perfectly, stopped to get gas after a 5-10min ride and would sound like the battery was dying…I’ve already put a brand new battery and still the same thing when but only when I use the kill switch. Lmk what they say!
Thanks

·
Registered
2017 CBR1000RA
37 Posts
Hey y’all. Hate to beat this to death. Have y’all checked your batteries? I had weird issues like this on my 2017 cbr1000rr. (I purchased last year. I am the 2nd owner) My batt volt was hovering just under 12 volts. I would try to charge it but it would keep occurring. Replaced the battery with a lithium ion unit. It’s lighter and problem solved.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey y’all. Hate to beat this to death. Have y’all checked your batteries? I had weird issues like this on my 2017 cbr1000rr. (I purchased last year. I am the 2nd owner) My batt volt was hovering just under 12 volts. I would try to charge it but it would keep occurring. Replaced the battery with a lithium ion unit. It’s lighter and problem solved.
I’ve tried replacing batteries but not to lithium ion… I just quit using my kill switch to turn my bike off and it’s been working fine since for me… I did a test with the voltmeter and every time I would use the kill switch it drained my battery to like 11-11.4 volts and then it wouldn’t turn over until I wait a few…

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is there any solid fix for this ? My 13 Blade too shuts down when its hot(usually when tank gets hot). Changed cam position sensor, now trying a new fuel pump as it looks like it cannot supply fuel when hot.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts