Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to ride to work this morning and i realized i had no horn or turn signals, so i turned around and grabbed the cage. i didnt have time to poke around so i thought id just get some ideas and maybe i can quick check it at lunchtime. the gauge doesnt even flash that the turn signals are on..the front and rear turn signals do nothing; but are getting power just fine. they work as running lights but go dead when i hit the turn signal. everything was working fine yesterday? i did a search most of the common problems were a fuse under the seat or the relay which is up front somewhere? but this is the horn AND the turn signal, are they on the same fuse? high beam works fine.

i have clear alternatives integrated tail and proton flush mounts, theyve both worked fine for over a year now until today.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where they connect to the wiring harness under the tank cover. From the clip-on, that is.
i checked the whole service manual the only wires i could find for the horn are the ones that go right into it from the button? does the wrire then go in under the gas tank too?

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's the fuse. Located under the left mid on the 04/05
thank you, i will check that. i just installed HIDs and the ballast is on that side attached to the fuse box. any way this couldve caused the fuse to suddenly blow or does this just happen on coincidence from time to time?

also, is it a standard fuse or something i have to get at the dealorship?

·
Mr. Bish
32,613 Posts
IDK 6. I pulled mine off a couple months ago (my bike's track only). I simply followed the wire from the switch assembly on the clipon to where it connects to the wiring harness.

I'd try the fuse first, but I was mentioning it as it shouldn't be ruled out completely.

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
thank you, i will check that. i just installed HIDs and the ballast is on that side attached to the fuse box. any way this couldve caused the fuse to suddenly blow or does this just happen on coincidence from time to time?

also, is it a standard fuse or something i have to get at the dealorship?
There is a spare already in there. You can get more if you want at any auto parts store.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it was the 10 fuse for the turn signals/horn. it blew out again today and it was the first time riding it since i replaced it. i read somewhere that when installing HID you should go up to a higher fuse. should i try a 15 or 20 or is this un-related to the headlights? thanks.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ttt, anybody? can i go to a 15 or 20 fuse or will i risk damaging something?

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
If the HIDs were causing the problem, the fuse that runs the headlights would be the one blowing. You probably have a short in the turn signal wiring somewhere..... installing a bigger fuse is not a good idea.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i wonder how i would find where the short is...the turn signals have worked fine for years to now suddenly have a problem. guess ill pull it apart again today and inspect the wires...thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i pulled the mid fairings off, inspected the wires, everything looked good so i even pulled them all apart and re-wired the turn signals just to be sure. pulled the tail off and re-did all the wiring there as well, everything looked fine. all together i spent about an hour + checking over every wire i could see visibly. buttoned it all back together and it was working great went on about an hour ride. i was 15min from home and the fuse blew out again. it also appears when this fuse goes i lose my back brake light? i dont know if that helps you guys diagnose this...but im about ready to just take it to the stealorship and give up.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i checked over all the wires but i did not see anything that looked off? the right side mid fairing the turn signal wires are twisted together because i ran out of butt-connectors years ago when i did it. i could re-do them that way and see if it stops. the weird part is they work for like an hour or so then it suddenly blows. could the problem be in the turn signal box on the handlebar itself?

any ideas why my brake light would go out too since that isnt on the same fuse is it?

i should also mention i have proton turn signals and a clear alternatives integrated tail. and an led plate light so there are no bulbs anywhere its all led.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.