Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wassup everyone. I went to my local dealer this afternoon and got qualified to purchase me new 1000RR. I am a converted Gixxer fan, but I'm glad I'm making the switch. Anyway, I pick my bike up next Wednesday and I can't decide between the Silver or Black.

Honestly, the black is incredible and is what I really want, but I am weary of how hard black is to take care of and am wondering if any of you out there with black 1000RR's have started to have problems with the tank scratching since it is plastic or had issues taking care of it? The silver is nice too, and I know it will be very easy to take care of, so I can't decide.

Please post your partial or impartial opinions. Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have to vote Black it looks awesome in person but make sure you order a tankslapper right off the bat. Other than that wax it, and wipe it clean when you get home and it stays clean. Not sure what all the bitching about keeping black bikes clean is all about there must be about 6ft of total area to clean anyhow and most people I know clean the bike a lot more often than the car.

But then again I own 4 vehicles that are black so I must be a a bit crazy.

Heres a pic to help you decide.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I have the black. It's not that hard to keep clean. I do have some very minor scuffs in the knee pockets on the tank. Nothing that alittle wax won't fix. Tankslapper on the way!! AS for the red ones being faster :bitchplz: doubt it; you know what they say about black ones..we have bigger than average....... :wink:

·
Registered
425 Posts
I was just in a shop last week and saw the silver for the first time. I thought it looked damn good. I have the red obviously but if all three were sitting side by side and I had to choose again it would be very difficult. I have the 600rr in black and I know how the paint can be so I think it would be between the silver and red. I'm happy with my red and glad I didn't have to decide like you do.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Get the siver and black. I know when i had my f4i I had the silver and black. i could count on 1 hand how many of the same color bike I had seen the 3yrs I had it

·
Registered
31 Posts
GET THE BLACK CBR...cause i have the silver and i havent seen another one out yet, and that is the way i like it. I get so many compliments on the silver I'm starting to get embarassed from all the people oogling over it :eek: Black is real sick too. Just a real head turner all the way....and i LOVE the red RR stickers on its tail. No mistaking that bike for anything else!! :pimp:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.