Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I purchased a PCV with autotune from MacMan76 and it turns out my setup doesn't have the screw in for the O2 sensor. I will call Dynojet to see if they can offer insight but I thought I would ask here as well. Anyone know where the best placement is for the bung?
Wood Gas Hardwood Tool Working animal

·
A1 SuperMod!
957 Posts
For the love of God do not ask Dynojet for a bung! Their bung is carbon steel and will rust. Learned the hard way once I welded it to my stainless Yoshimura exhaust.

Some Arata exhausts have a 12mm oxygen bung, and you can use an adapter to hook up a 18mm sensor without welding an extra bung.

I recommend putting it at any convenient location on a straight part of the pipe after the 4-2-1 joins to 1 pipe. You don't have to weld it if you don't want to. Just drill a hole and use a clamp on style bung. That way, if you want to weld it later you can.

Cone Watch Gun accessory Finial Auto part

·
A1 SuperMod!
957 Posts
That looks like the exact bung in the auto-tune kit. Can purchase a curved titanium M18x1.5 bung for about $25, but the difficult part will be finding someone who you trust to TIG weld it.

I haven't looked at the clearance under the under seat pipe, but ideally you want your oxygen sensor to be angled 10 degrees or more from horizontal so water condensation does not accumulate and ruin the sensor over time.
Font Rectangle Parallel Auto part Slope

·
A1 SuperMod!
957 Posts
Yes that will work. If the curve does not match up with the exhaust, what you do is take a sheet of sandpaper and wrap it around exhaust pipe then sand the bung to make the radius match up. That way, your friend won't have to fill a large gap and risk blowing through the thin walls of the pipe.

Drill the hole the size of the oxygen sensor tip NOT the outer diameter of the bung. Have the sensor screwed in when your friend tacks the bung down. Make sure you put aluminum anti-seize on the threads when you assemble. The sensor originally came with some applied from Dynojet but since you bought it used it needs some put on or it might get stuck.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lots of really good information there. Good suggestion about the sandpaper as well. I was under the impression a dummy bolt would be best to have in place when welding. I know with aluminum the heat the torch puts out is 5600 degrees. I doubt the sensor is rated for that kind of heat and I don't want to risk frying it. Any suggestions on bit type? I've seen it done different ways.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts