Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2008 1000RR
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys.
I've bought K&N filter and will install it soon on my 08' 1000RR.
Here in Brazil, we do have O2 sensor:

(the white points are from the Motul Factory Line chain lube, which i don't use anymore)

It is located just before the catalytic converter. Honda put it on our bikes, since our gasoline - believe it or not - has alcohol and water. I use to call it "cocktail" :stirpot: lol
Once a bike comes to Brazil, it needs another fuel pump and it's parts to resist the mixture... It's terrible and expensive. Anyway...
I'll be riding on friday on a free practice during all the day, without power commander.
I read that if the bike has the O2 sensor, it will "map" my injection acording to the air flow in a couple of minutes. Is that true?
I wont buy the power commander yet 'cause i need to save for tire sets. (i have only 1 day left at the track with the stock bt-015)
Will it run lean or the O2 sensor can handle the increased air intake and add more fuel?

I know many of you say it's not good to put on a K&N or other filter instead of the stock. But i just want to know about the sensor.
Thanks ahead!

·
Registered
108 Posts
hi there. the bike will run fine just with the filter. the fuel injection can cope with that no problem. i would wait till you get your power commander and do the mods at the same time. you should also do the intake mod and hrc quick action throttle at the same time.
Just curious what type of fuel you are using? is it e85?
PM you also

·
Registered
353 Posts
first question is has the bike been modified to run without the sensor, in which case I am not surprised about the poor running.
My experience with O2 sensor problems have all been connected to the heater circuit which goes open & lights the engine check light.
Is the part coreect for your bike?
You can chech the voltage output of the sensor.
You can get generally genuine denso from thirt party supplier at 1/3 of the the dealer price

1 - 4 of 4 Posts