Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just got himself the Cbr1000RR for a good 10216 OTD!!! And we were hoping to get at least 10700. When he saw the receipt fromt eh salesman he was like, ummm Bro look at this real?" Before i could say anything he goes to the bank and got his deposit lol..Happy for him. woohoooo!!!
he will probably join us pretty soon. :D :D :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
What exactly do you mean by Out The Door???
I paid $9989 for the bike and then a 7.25% sales tax from Albany Honda, he still has a couple more that are not already pre-sold if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There is something about this bike that they can't really seem to sell it.

In California, where the bikes are the highest priced of anywhere in the nation and we cant buy out of state, the CBR is the only bike that you could get a killer deal on in the first run.

The Kawi was full pop until the second run, and are just sitting around on the showroom floors now. You can pretty much get a killer deal on em now. The Honda sold a couple to die hard Honda guys, but are already stacking up. Suzuki still has plenty of left over 03's and is the cheapest to buy by a huge margin. Only the R1 is keeping its price high, now only small discounts.

You can get a CBR OTD in CA for under 11K....easy. That would be like under 10K to all of you out of state guys in those podunk states.

Just goes to show how much influence that a Superstock race and a magazine article or two can have. The bike is fantastic, but it seems to be getting ignored for some reason.

·
Registered
425 Posts
It's getting ignored because in most people's eyes it's the ugly duckling and they have made up their mind to buy the R1 based on the pictures. I would rather not have everyone buying one of these, let's keep it our secret eh?

·
Registered
194 Posts
RED_5 said:
What exactly do you mean by Out The Door???
I paid $9989 for the bike and then a 7.25% sales tax from Albany Honda, he still has a couple more that are not already pre-sold if anyone is interested.
Out The Door would be the final total price after sales tax, tags, any extra warranty you got with it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sub, to tell you the truth, i would be happy with either one, be it ZX-10 or 1000RR. I love them all. if i had waited, i could have miss 2 of the most important track days at Barber. RR is beautiful, R1 is sexy lol Time was another thing that prevented me from getting the RR. Decision was made due to other reasons prior to 'buying' the bike in general and not the bike itself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sub said:
It's getting ignored because in most people's eyes it's the ugly duckling and they have made up their mind to buy the R1 based on the pictures. I would rather not have everyone buying one of these, let's keep it our secret eh?
Well...I hate to say this...but I have an admission.

I dont have either, but I am buying one those two this Saturday. I have downs on both, but have plans to go the Yamaha dealer first. Now the up side is that particular dealer is also a Honda dealer. So we'll see what happens.

Its a 60/40 tear right now.

One is my logical side, the other is the emotional side. I would love to ride both to see which one gels the most in the first 10 minutes, but that'll never happen.

I have been buying new bikes for almost 20 years, this is the first year I have really had a hard time with it. That's just how good they all are.

Sometimes I just wish I was brand loyal to make it easier.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.