Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
i have a 06mod and whant to put ohlins on it, but cant finde enny for sal.
is it posible to yous from som of the other cbr1000rr mod?
and if, how to fiks it?

ore maby some one have som for sale?

·
Stand your ground
1,102 Posts
There aren't any Ohlins forks available for those bikes any more. However what you can do is get 30mm Ohlins cartridges put into the stock forks by Kyle Racing. That is the best option right now.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I did a little research (you would want to verify) and it seems the 06-07 forks are longer than the 08+ forks. Also, this is an option:

The fork tubes from the 08 bike fit the 06/07 triple tree.
However, the fork bottoms are different, requiring spacers between the wheel and spindle clamp as well as spacers between the disc and wheel so the disc sit right in the calipers.

Alternatively, you could fit the complete front end from the 08 bike, (triple tree, forks and wheel) as the headstock spindle will fit the 06/07 headstock.

That seems like a lot of work if you didn't have a cheap donor bike, so the inserts seem like the best route.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I did a little research (you would want to verify) and it seems the 06-07 forks are longer than the 08+ forks. Also, this is an option:

The fork tubes from the 08 bike fit the 06/07 triple tree.
However, the fork bottoms are different, requiring spacers between the wheel and spindle clamp as well as spacers between the disc and wheel so the disc sit right in the calipers.

Alternatively, you could fit the complete front end from the 08 bike, (triple tree, forks and wheel) as the headstock spindle will fit the 06/07 headstock.

That seems like a lot of work if you didn't have a cheap donor bike, so the inserts seem like the best route.
You can’t use 08+ triples as the stem is bigger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts