Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Official Crash Tester
1,596 Posts
44/120 is an example of a code you will find on an Ohlins shock spring. Using the below charts you can “decode” what you are looking at.
• The 1091 refers to the diameter and the length of the spring. Almost all Ohlins springs have a diameter of 57mm so that’s easy, the 1091 in this case means it has a 160mm length (when not on the shock)
• The -44 is the spring rate. For some unknown reason Ohlins uses it’s own numbers to label rate. In this case a 44 120N/mm 12.00Kg/mm or 685lbs/inch
• The /120 is the springs rate in Newton meters, but without the decimal. In this case the /120 means it’s a 120nm spring.

·
Speed Mach Go Go
1,269 Posts
Are you on a 04-07?

I am 14 stone or about 15 with full gear. I am using a 105nm and i'm on the limit for 25mm sag with the preload fully closed.

According to Racetech's scale we should be using a 120nm for track and 114nm for street. Allthough I think 110nm would be more appropriate. Try it out with the 120nm (if you can) and see if you can adjust the sag properly. btw: 120nm is about 12.25kg. NM is slightly stiffer then KG but to approximate just remove the last number.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What sort of shock is it?
TTX or prxls?
I race with a ttx on my 06 and use a 120nm spring, that gives me enough scope for road and track sags, I weigh nearly 85kgs.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all info! ive used bike with a 120 spring at silverstone and it was way to hard didnt even have any preload on at all! ive been told that for me i need a 9 or a 10 spring which will give me the adjustment i need, i have seen the ohlins chart but dont know how to decode it to find a spring to suit my weight can anyone talk me though it? cheers mark uk.

·
PSU '09 B.S. ME
443 Posts
What is a stone, im an engineer and ive never seen this in any conversion charts. how many kg is a stone?

·
Speed Mach Go Go
1,269 Posts
What is a stone, im an engineer and ive never seen this in any conversion charts. how many kg is a stone?
lol, British wieght scale from thee ye olde days when they used a balance scale with stones (I think). 1 stone = 14lbs or 6.35kg.

·
Official Crash Tester
1,596 Posts
Remember the song Whole Lotta Rosie?

Ain't no fairy story
Ain't no skin and bone
But you give it all you got
Weighing in at nineteen stone

14x19=266lbs

To quote Eddie Murphy, "That's one big bitch" :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
stones, kilo's damn what ever happened to pounds????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts