Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas ! Doing a oil change on my bike right at 5k miles what oil do you all recommend, I was about to just stick with the gn4 , but I been doing a lot of looking around there’s just so much to choose from , and no I’m not wanting to get not Motul oil and break the bank wished I had the money to but just don’t see it being all about that , all help is greatly appreciated btw it’s a 2016 1k

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Whatever oil you decide on make sure it is designed specifically for motorcycles with a wet clutch. I know lots of guys will run car, diesel, even tractor oil and have good results but just my opinion to stick with a product designed specifically for your application.
If you want the added protection of a synthetic I would suggest Motul 7100. Its a full synthetic with Ester. Great stuff
Motul 5100 is comparable to the Honda oil. There are many other options but above all else change your oil frequently or at least at the recommended change intervals and always replace the filter with new and a crush washer for the drain plug (usually ok reusing the old crush washer but why risk a leak and more unnecessary work/oil cost down the road). Should be good to go.

·
Registered
285 Posts
from 2008> hoda used synthetic oil and recommended a particular brand (not honda BTW!).
So stick with full synthetic.
10w-40 is the norm although you can go 10/30 or 10/50. check the owner's manual.
Mobil1, havoline, shell, petronas not to mention motul 300V. All very good product. I have not mentioned amsoil because over here, it is very expensive

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey fellas ! Doing a oil change on my bike right at 5k miles what oil do you all recommend, I was about to just stick with the gn4 , but I been doing a lot of looking around there’s just so much to choose from , and no I’m not wanting to get not Motul oil and break the bank wished I had the money to but just don’t see it being all about that , all help is greatly appreciated btw it’s a 2016 1k

I use mobile one in this video but I think as long as you change it regularly it will be fine. Clean oil trumps dirty oil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts