Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
Hooo Boy... Oil Change with an oil opinion.. You sure you don't want to put on your body armor? :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
I suspect YouTube might get pretty brutal - :ROFLMAO:

Nice video. (y)

K&N I supposed is an acquired taste, I never acquired the taste :) As you learned know by now, :oops: the problem lies with that welded on nut. Its really for removing the filter as it seems the ones that leak do so right at that weld after taking damaged during the tightening process.

With some tracks and sanctioning bodies not letting K&N Nut Filter pass tech. I just use the Honda OEM filter - it is a good piece and pretty cheap as well. For oil, as you say everyone has an opinion. For street riding I just throw in Honda's own GN4 or Mobil 1 and change more often as you suggest.

People who swear by race quality oil for street riding really should probably change it sooner than they do, but at $80 a jug I bet some end up using the race oil longer than they should.

edited some grammar and spelling

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hooo Boy... Oil Change with an oil opinion.. You sure you don't want to put on your body armor? :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
I suspect YouTube might get pretty brutal - :ROFLMAO:

Nice video. (y)

K&N I supposed is an acquired taste, I never acquired the taste :) The problem lies with that welded on nut. Its really for removing the filter as it seems the ones that leak do so right at that weld and after taking damaged during the tightening process.

Some tracks and sanctioning bodies won't let a K&N Nut Filter pass tech. I just use the Honda OEM filter - it is a very good piece and pretty cheap as well. For oil, as you say everyone has an opinion.

For street riding I just throw in Honda's own GN4 or Mobil 1 and change more often as you suggest.

People who swear by race quality oil for street riding really should probably change it sooner than they do, but at $80 a jug I bet some end up using the race oil longer than they should.
I was actually shaking before I posted this. I just know I'm going to get all kinds of negative vibes because of something I did wrong or a bad choice in product or something I said. Oil changes are an extremely touchy subject.

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
I was actually shaking before I posted this. I just know I'm going to get all kinds of negative vibes because of something I did wrong or a bad choice in product or something I said. Oil changes are an extremely touchy subject.
Not sure what it is about oil threads on automotive forums... they may as well be posted in a political discussion zone sometimes. I like to think we here in Honda-land are a little more sophisticated LOL :ROFLMAO:

Post this on reddit then stand back, it'll be like tossing a grenade in the room.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure what it is about oil threads on automotive forums... they may as well be posted in a political discussion zone sometimes. I like to think we here in Honda-land are a little more sophisticated LOL :ROFLMAO:

Post this on reddit then stand back, it'll be like tossing a grenade in the room.

I did post it on reddit 🤦‍♂️

1 - 7 of 7 Posts