Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with the parts dept. They don't have the microfiche on the 1000RR yet. I want to order some filters, and he can't tell me the part number. I asked him if I were to bring the bike in for the 600 mi. checkup right now, what would he do? He said they'd figure something out. What an ass.

For those of you that have changed the oil already (Skindragger maybe?), what did you do.

I've never actually done it, but do you think it would be kosher to re-use the filter at the first oil change?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I don't have the part # but it's the same as an 04 cbr600rr. I bought 2 when I picked up my bike, Parts dept went out to my bike and got the # off the one installed.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Confirmed: After realizing the parts departments in town are useless (Again), I called American Honda. The woman gave me this number.

CBR1000RR Oil Filter 15410-MCJ-003

BTW, there are no part #'s on my oil filter, just warning labels.

Additional note: The woman came back on the phone thinking I said "Air filter" not "Oil filter", and I learned something interesting. Apparently the bike has two air filters. I'll check that out when the service manual gets here. :)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: Dealer does not have part # in their system. Called American Honda back and they told me that there are a $hitload available. They also told me that the "Honda Code" on it is the same as the 600RR. The 15410-MCJ-003 replaces the ....-000, but they said it supposedly changed so they said wait and order the ....-003. Don't know that I necessarily believe that it was changed, but I suppose I could wait, even though the bike's all broken down in the garage... :cussing:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I use the SMF103 Amsoil filter on my '02 RC, it should work fine on this bike as well. I get a deal with Amsoil so if anyone needs to buy a few filters for this riding season, give me a holla and I can order a few of them for us.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I found out yesterday...Sorry for the late post.....That Honda has suppersieded (sic) the part number. the -000 is the same and most dealers should have them in stock. Mine have a case and a half of them in stock, The rookie behind the counter just couldn't find them.

BTW, changed my oil last night..had 137 miles on it and it was very east to change.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I got the same info.

Real easy?... Man I had such a friggin catastrophe last night. I was prepping the bike for the track today (Didn't end up making it, long story :cussing: ) My oil drip pan apparently was a little too tall for the bike. This bike sits lower than my 929, also I need to order new stands cause the ones I have are the 929-one-side-lower-swingarm one's. Cut to the chase, oil everywhere. I'm like um-oh-ah-shit, swinging my body back and forth as I try and figure out what to do. That was an exciting clean-up. I know it's the lack of proper equipment, but it was not a good first experience.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.