Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
It is NOT the same filter as the 954...picked one up the other day and the dealer didn't have the microfiche yet so he called American Honda right there. I am at work now so I don't have the part number but I'll check when I get home to see if it is the same as what Lord Duckhunter posted.

·
Premium Member
8,382 Posts
Typical...

Called every Honda dealer in the city & none of them are even aware that the 1000RR required a new filter let alone have any in stock for 600 mile services. They are too busy trying to argue with me & tell me I can use the 954 oil filter to get their job done & be proactive.

I fuckin hate incompetence

·
Premium Member
8,382 Posts
Ok I got a little egg on my face on this one, but at least I got the info.

When you order the -003 filter they are still shipping the -000 filter for the 954. It appears Honda is simply using a new part# for the sole purpose of tracking sales for each particular model. They do the same thing for brake pads & things like the shift lever on the VFR & the blackbird, exact same lever, but 2 different part#s

Now there have been unique oil filter numbers in the past that could not be swapped, but this one 15410-MCJ-003 is not one of them.

Best I can tell all the current Honda's use one of 2 filters now either this one or the longer one on the older 900RR's

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
That is exactly what I've been saying for 2 months. I got the info directly from American Honda because the dealers were clueless. After several people here kept telling me how wrong I was, I stopped trying to help. Nice to finally have some agreeance...

·
Premium Member
8,382 Posts
My dealer still tells me that the -000 oil filter is interchangeable with the -003, but he just got some of the 003's in...

This kinda opens up the question of whether the -000 is actually ok to use in the 1000RR or not

Anyway, I bought 2 of them on the spot

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.