Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Info from today)
2005 cbr1000rr

Alright so finally after 2 months of my bike being down due to electrical problems then leaking fork seals I finally got it back on the road. Picked it up from the dealership to find out my fan doesn’t work now. So sitting in traffic my bike got to 240 degrees. Got home let it sit then decided to go on a little joy ride and did a pull got up to 160 and came back down. When I got to the red light a mile or two up the road I went to down shift and my clutch petal was slick. So I pulled off and I noticed my bike started leaking oil a little bit and traced it back to the wire coming out of the stator housing. It’s leaking oil somehow from the gasket that comes off the top of the cover. So my question is would it be possible to order a new gasket or wire and hardwire it or am I going to have to buy an entire new stator to fix the problem. Have any of you ever had this problem before? Is there another fix for it? I’m going to attach a link for a picture.

Read another thread about putting Hondabond on it but wanted some more input from you guys

https://ibb.co/W3rh4Xj

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m having the same issue. I replaced the stator an I replaced the gasket. None of which worked. Still spits oil out. Let me know if you find a solution

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,006 Posts
I’m having the same issue. I replaced the stator an I replaced the gasket. None of which worked. Still spits oil out. Let me know if you find a solution
Post up some fotos of your trouble spot where it's leaking from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts