Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wonndering if this bike is really off the hook? by reading magazines and articles i have read that the 1000RR has the lowest ratings of all the liter bikes? is this true? and know im not a guy that buys a bike if it says its the best, fastest in a magazine. just want the best overall.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Dont believe the crap the US magazines are saying about any of the new bikes; it doesnt jive with the real world.
Check out the Euro mags.
And yes, this bike kicks ass, just read some of the first ride posts to get slight idea of how good it is.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Cyclenews and Motorcycle.com both picked the 1000rr as their winner in their comparo tests. Also as someone said, the Europress favorst the Blade and R1 over the new Kawasaki. They are all conflicting each other which means every bike is going to be good. I don't like the holes in the R1 powerband, and the ZX10 doesn't like to keep the front wheel on the ground, so I think (even before any of them came out) that again, the Honda is the best overall choice for anyone sans a full blown privateer.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Here, check this out....

Well I told you guys I was going to ride Ice929's ZX10 this weekend on our way to the AMA races so we switched bikes and got about an hour on each other's. I gave Ice929 a hard time all day for buying a kawasaki (he's admittedly a honda guy) but I think the Dyno charts are what sucked him in. Initially picking the bike up off the stand it does feel lighter than the 1000rr, but that is the only time the bike felt lighter. Ergonomics feel very similar to the 1000rr and the transmission is very nice, equal to the 1000rr. The engine is good but not as smooth as the honda, buzzes some around 4k and does not feel like it has as much torque in the 4-8k range though I can't remember what the dyno results have found. I do like the narrow tank. My dislikes are the throttle play (significant) and the serious heat being put off by the engine. I wasn't sure about the engine heat when Ice929 and I discussed each other's bike after the ride, but once I got back on the honda it was obvious. My left leg was burning up on the kawasaki and I feel no heat or very little on the 1000rr from either side (air temp about 90 F). We both commented afterwards that you just can't beat the Honda quality. Looking at the ZX10 it looks maybe a notch below the honda, but while riding it felt a few notches below. I can not explain the feeling but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about if you have ridden any of the other manufacturer's bikes. The honda just feels like a tight package with everything put together tightly. The ZX10 feels a little sloppy comparibly. Overall it's a really good bike, but any feeling of inferiority in the power department is gone after riding the 10r. There was no noticable power advantage regardless of what the dyno's/reviews say. I'm hoping Ice929 will post a comparison as well from his point of view. He might have gone down and traded in his ZX10 for the 1000rr already though

·
Registered
350 Posts
Put down Sport Rider and pick up any other mag, especially the Euro ones, and you'll get a better mix of opinions.

The ZX was chosen first in SR and CW. The CBR was first in CN and MO. The Euros rated the R1 or CBR first, with the ZX after both of them. It looks pretty even to me. Get which one fist you best.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Mark9738377 said:
just wonndering if this bike is really off the hook? by reading magazines and articles i have read that the 1000RR has the lowest ratings of all the liter bikes? is this true? and know im not a guy that buys a bike if it says its the best, fastest in a magazine. just want the best overall.
Dude, your on a 1000RR forum. Do you think anyone is going to be like "No, this bike sucks my ass..."?? You say you are not a guy that buys a bike on it being the best or fastest, so what's the issue? If you have actually read more than one magazine, you would know that the bike has many great points even if that reviewer didn't rate it number 1.

·
Registered
425 Posts
the bike is great but it depends on what your looking for. I guarantee you it is the best all around bike. It will not win the friday night dyno shoot out if that's what your looking for though. Hey Dragger, scan that article in and post it on the board for us :D or do they have it on their website?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ok I will let it slide this time, but I have a daughter to put through college so maybe I will just open up a fund. I gurantee that anyone that buys the 1000rr this year is buying it because of Quality/best overall package. Some people may feel the R1 or ZX10 is the best overall package, but I bet a majority of those bikes are purchased by people that read the dyno's and picked the one with the most hp thinking that actually makes the bike the fastest.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have just ordered a black and silver 1Krr that I should get before the end of the month.

I currently have a SP1, which is an absolutely fantastic machine, the only reason I am getting rid of it is cause I want to experience a 150 hp bike!

My riding is commuting during the week and going for a country blast on the weekend and track days when I can.

Anyway I have ridden both the 1Krr and the ZX10R. They are both brilliant bikes but the Honda does feel more refined and does not have the vibration that the 10R has.

I preferred the ergos of the 10 R and love the way your knees just fold into the tank. The riding position of the Honda was great but the tank felt wider than my SP1. Also the rev counter is easy to read when compared with the 10 if that is an issue.

I found both bikes stable but would have put a damper on the 10 had I bought it.

Anyway in the end what made up my mind was trade in. I was simply offered a better deal from the Honda dealers than the Kawasaki.

You cant go wrong with any of these machines, don’t wait for magazines to validate your choice but go out and ride them yourself!

Oh yea the reason I did not get the R1 is that there are no demos around here and all shipments are sold out for the next month so every squid in town will have one

·
Registered
89 Posts
This is the first Honda I've ever owned and I love it. Fit and finish is awesome. The handling is ultra stable. It might be heavier than the others but it sure hides its weight well when its rolling. Can't go wrong when you "Ride Red". 8)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.